Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:50:24 PM EDT
I checked the tacked link and only found the Greenville Gun Club with their $150 membership fees (with a $250.00 initiation fee).

Looking for a place where one can fire SMGs, MGs and suppressed weapons. Preferrably with the option to work the range and walk on targets if other shooters are not present.

Also would like 100, 500 rifle ranges.

Not interested in anyplace with overbearing range nazis and "rapid fire" rules. I'm a safe shooter who is accountable for my shots and not looking for a babysitter.

Gonna be in SC temporarily for a few months and need to keep current. Where I am presently we have all of the above and it costs about $50 annually. I need to find out where the locals on a budget shoot.

Also if no such established range exists, where are the best areas where one could "safely" shoot the above. I don't want to just go out in the woods and start shooting cans with an Uzi.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any place like that in this area. Dewey's Pawn has a small indoor handgun range.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Cedar Creek Range in Walhalla isn't very far from you.

100 yard public and free. No rangemaster just go and shoot. It can be kind of crowded on a nice weekend but on a weekday in the morning its all yours.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cedar Creek Range in Walhalla isn't very far from you.

100 yard public and free. No rangemaster just go and shoot. It can be kind of crowded on a nice weekend but on a weekday in the morning its all yours.  

Isn't everything I need but sounds like it will be "good enough" and the price is certainly right.

Thank you very much, I appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If you need more specific directions or anything just IM me and I'll see if I can help.

btw - MGs and suppressors are OK there. Tannerite has been succesfully tried but I would wait until the range was empty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top