Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:56:52 PM EDT
Are there any places that carry the Police shotguns here in NC? I'm looking for either model #4899 (18" Blued) or model #4903 (18" Parked +2). I remember that someone said a place in Raleigh carries them, but its a LEO supply place. Does this place require you to be a LEO?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:42:39 PM EDT
Lawman's is the store. I don't foresee any problem with going in there to get one. PDHSC had a nice 11-87 police model sitting in the rack for around $549. It came with the factory extension and a larger bolt handle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:30:52 PM EDT
I got an 870 Police Magnum at PMS firearms in salisbury. Got a pretty good price on it, but can't rember off the top of my head. Really nice people at the store.

Josh
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:13:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 3:28:14 AM EDT by ready-aim-fire]
Lawman's Safety Supply
3319 Anvil Dr.
Raleigh, NC 27603
Phone: (919) 779-6141
Fax: (919) 662-1573

Its no problem for non-LEO people to shop there -- I bought my Colt 6920 from them. Nice people. Good selection.

I don't know if they have that specific shotgun, but I'm sure they can order one.

And, they're just up the road from PDHSC, so you can visit two gun shops in one trip!

edited to add: my post number = 87 !!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:40:39 AM EDT
tag for Lawmans address
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:04:56 PM EDT
Arringtons Police Distributors on Industrial Ave in Greensboro had a few the other day. Not sure on the model numbers. All of them were blued.

The are sportsman friendly. No need to be LEO
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:43:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
FWIW - I am no big fan of Lawmans.

There is a woman in particular who works there, that has scared me off. I was trying to buy a pistol and she told me my permit was no good because I had moved since the permit was issued. Durham county permits are kind of a PIA to get and I didn't want to go through the hassle again. Besides the permit was only 5 weeks old. No big deal, a call to the sheriffs office to clear things up. They said it was still good and valid state wide. A call back to Lawmans. Guess who answers the phone. She still said it was no good. A call to the Raleigh ATF branch who were very friendly, and told me that the permit is still good. A call to Lawmans... She gets mad about me "bothering her" and gets profane about it. I speak sailor as a second language and she made me blush. She told me that she get's plenty of business without having to worry about @#@#!'s like me. So, I ordered the gun through Perry's in Wendell.

A friend asked them about getting a new handcuff key for his dad's old handcuffs. (his dad was LE, not a dominatrix) Same woman told him to leave when he showed her the cuffs. He bought the key online.

Arringtons are very nice. Virtually any gun shop can order the police shotgun you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:36:38 PM EDT
Ditto on that Wolffie. Arrington's gets my business more than the other place. It's worth the drive.
Top Top