Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/14/2006 10:39:28 PM EDT
I'm putting together a rifle and need some mags and also would like a new grip. The grip that came standard with my RRA lower kit is way too small for my hands. I only need a couple of mags because it will pretty much be used just for coyote hunting. I was wondering how the shows at Charlotte were for AR accessories. Would it be better just to order some mags off of the EE. I really want to try a grip in person to see which one I like best.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:55:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:58:41 AM EDT
Anyone have an opinion on the Feb. 25-26 C&E Charlotte gun show at Metrolina Expo? Would it be worth driving from Raleigh? They have another show in Winston-Salem on Feb. 18-19, which would be closer for me.

www.cegunshows.com/all_dates.htm

Also, the C&E web site shows a different Charlotte show on March 10-12 at the Merchandise Mart. Since its a three day show, maybe I should wait for that one.

Thanks for any info . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:03:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ready-aim-fire:
Anyone have an opinion on the Feb. 25-26 C&E Charlotte gun show at Metrolina Expo? Would it be worth driving from Raleigh? They have another show in Winston-Salem on Feb. 18-19, which would be closer for me.

www.cegunshows.com/all_dates.htm

Also, the C&E web site shows a different Charlotte show on March 10-12 at the Merchandise Mart. Since its a three day show, maybe I should wait for that one.

Thanks for any info . . .

Don't waste your time with the W-S show. The Charlotte show is worth the drive always.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:30:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SCvARminter:
I'm putting together a rifle and need some mags and also would like a new grip. The grip that came standard with my RRA lower kit is way too small for my hands. I only need a couple of mags because it will pretty much be used just for coyote hunting. I was wondering how the shows at Charlotte were for AR accessories. Would it be better just to order some mags off of the EE. I really want to try a grip in person to see which one I like best.

You'll get a better deal and better mags on the Equipment Exchange here. The Charlotte show will have lots of AR parts though. Last show, there were SEVERAL vendors with a large selection of AR parts (almost exclusively).
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:40:48 AM EDT
This is the first show at the new venue this year right? They moved from the expo to the merchandise mart now correct?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:48:28 PM EDT
I'll probably go, lots of stuff to l00k at, plus I need a new hat
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:06:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jcovercash:
This is the first show at the new venue this year right? They moved from the expo to the merchandise mart now correct?

They (C&E) are at both places now. On the calender I got ,the 3-day shows are at the M.M. and the 2-day shows are at the Expo.
I'll have to see if I can find the calender.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 2:47:55 PM EDT by ready-aim-fire]
The C&E calendar is in the link that I posted above. It lists upcoming shows at both locations. I'm guessing the 3 day Merchandise Mart show will be bigger than the Metrolina one, but just to be sure I called them today and left a voice mail. Their recorded message says they will return the call soon.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:55:32 PM EDT
You will have to pay for parking at the Merchandise Mart . I think it's $6. All events there have a parking fee. No parking fee at Metrolina Expo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 6:15:18 PM EDT by mike_556]
Isn't the merchandise mart being bought (out) by a church?

Article 31 of 2823; 1083 words

CHURCHES AREN'T BUILT ON FAITH ALONE

When it comes to expanding a house of worship, the path is more complicated than simply saying the Lord will provide. For growing churches - such as The Park Ministries, which this week agreed to spend $25 million to buy and renovate the Charlotte Merchandise Mart - plenty of human tasks lie ahead: devising business plans, negotiating with bankers and persuading the faithful to open their wallets like never before. In the Charlotte region, The Park Ministries is one of a number of

Published on December 10, 2005, Page 1A, Charlotte Observer, The (NC)

Article 32 of 2823; 1120 words

BOOMING CHURCH TO BUY CITY LANDMARK

University Park Baptist, one of the region's largest churches, plans to buy the Charlotte Merchandise Mart, a move that will mean the popular Southern Christmas Show and other tenants will have to find a new home. The 8,000-member African American congregation, which has renamed itself The Park Ministries, plans to spend $13 million to buy the site and $12 million more to transform it into a center for worship and ministry called Park Place, the Rev. Claude Alexander Jr. told

Published on December 9, 2005, Page 1A, Charlotte Observer, The (NC)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:04:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sp00ky:

Don't waste your time with the W-S show.

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:55:38 AM EDT
Anyone who attends one at the new locations let me know how they compare to the expo center. I plan to hit the June show with a years worth of deployment cash in my pocket!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:15:29 AM EDT
Dont leave ANY valuables in yur vehicle if you go to the show at the Merchandise Mart. That place is located in the hood and it wouldn't suprise me if a bunch of smash and grabs dont occur out there. I'm willing to bet that they will have a large number of offduty police working overnight security out there.

Also, dont stay at any of the hotels.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:38:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WUFMAN:
You will have to pay for parking at the Merchandise Mart . I think it's $6. All events there have a parking fee. No parking fee at Metrolina Expo.

C&E paid for the parking. It will be free for the show at the Merchandise Mart.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:43:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Dont leave ANY valuables in yur vehicle if you go to the show at the Merchandise Mart. That place is located in the hood and it wouldn't suprise me if a bunch of smash and grabs dont occur out there. I'm willing to bet that they will have a large number of offduty police working overnight security out there.

At the last show at the Metrolina Expo, they had about 40 cars broken into and guns stolen. Apparantly, the thieves were watching people taking guns to their cars (instead of carrying their new purchases around for the rest of the show) and when they went back inside, the thieves would break into their cars and steal their newly purchased guns. The police finally caught the thieves, thank goodness. They were only caught because they were greedy. If they had just done it a few times and then left, they would've gotten away. But they couldn't stop a "good thing". It's a good thing thieves aren't that smart.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:09:24 PM EDT
I used to live off 7th St a stones throw from M. Mart (Chantilly 'hood), and its gotten pretty bad petty crime wise around there
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:09:05 PM EDT
I like the charlotte show. I've been to all of them this past year. Winston pretty much sucks.....really...........no, really. If you want a cheap import scope or a pocket knife winston's ok.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:51:42 PM EDT
So, who is going?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:53:32 PM EDT
I'll have to wait for march, carp
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:56:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

+1

I work just down Independence from the MM. $6 parking fee sucks and the "locals" in that area are not to be trusted. They will steal you blind given the chance.

SM
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:06:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
So, who is going?

I'm going for ammo. And there is NO PARKING FEE at the Merchandise Mart. C&E has paid for the lot so you won't have to pay for parking.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:51:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By terdferguson:

Originally Posted By MadMardigan:
So, who is going?

I'm going for ammo. And there is NO PARKING FEE at the Merchandise Mart. C&E has paid for the lot so you won't have to pay for parking.

Sweet, Im glad they can do that for us.
Top Top