Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:30:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 5:47:11 PM EDT by SamColt]
Stopped by there to check out a few handguns and then go order them somewhere else and the ambulance and RPD cruiser were in the parking lot with the wags going. I thought oh hell - this isn't going to be good.

Everybody was hush hush in there but I was able to get from one of the dip shit sales grunts that there was a gun part or 2 stuck in the ceiling and badly wrecked thumb of a Davi's patron.

Anybody have any details?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:46:24 PM EDT
i was there around 10am. must have left before that happened.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:47:50 PM EDT
Yeah it was around 4:00PM

The range was closed temporarily while they cleaned up the range.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:16:54 AM EDT
OMG I bet someone fired a shot before the 3 seconds were up and it caused that gun to explode. That place is cursed you know. The Davi's employees are the only people in that room professional enough, that I know of, to handle firing shots faster than 3 second intervals.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:43:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By saturnstyl:
OMG I bet someone fired a shot before the 3 seconds were up and it caused that gun to explode. That place is cursed you know. The Davi's employees are the only people in that room professional enough, that I know of, to handle firing shots faster than 3 second intervals.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:37:04 AM EDT
i met a really nice employee there yesterday. i also met one who was one of those know-it-all people who was telling me the HK USP was single action only, and i knew it was DA/SA. the nice one was a BIG guy. real real big. looked about 7' tall and around 320 pounds. he was very helpful and honest.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:50:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dsking85:
i met a really nice employee there yesterday. i also met one who was one of those know-it-all people who was telling me the HK USP was single action only, and i knew it was DA/SA. the nice one was a BIG guy. real real big. looked about 7' tall and around 320 pounds. he was very helpful and honest.

+1 That is a big dude alright - real nice guy too....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:23:45 AM EDT
I stopped by today because I had to go to Graingers right behind Davis. I talked to a nice older gentleman. He said his part of the counter was the 1911's . Surprisingly enough he seemed nice enough. I hadn't seen him in there before, maybe they are getting rid of some of the dumbasses.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:49:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Badrat414:
...maybe they are getting rid of some of the dumbasses.

No, they were hiding outside the door when you went in. Didn't you see them?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:36:24 PM EDT
they were waiting until closing time to put their ghillie suits on and run around the parking lot. seriously though, what caused a gun to explode like that? bad ammo or improper round size?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:23:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BIGUN_G:
they were waiting until closing time to put their ghillie suits on and run around the parking lot.

seriously though, what caused a gun to explode like that? bad ammo or improper round size?

They were tight lipped as hell when I went in there - top secret.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SamColt:

they were waiting until closing time to put their ghillie suits on and run around the parking lot.

seriously though, what caused a gun to explode like that? bad ammo or improper round size?

I'm telling you guys.... Its the three second rule. Someone violated it and BOOM! Their gun exploded.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:42:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By saturnstyl:

Originally Posted By SamColt:

I'm telling you guys.... Its the three second rule. Someone violated it and BOOM! Their gun exploded.

i asked them once if I could do some double taps and they said no problem - just keep 3 seconds between each shot......HAHA
Top Top