Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:45:58 PM EDT
Surry man shoots home intruder
Saturday, February 4, 2006

PILOT MOUNTAIN

A homeowner shot and injured a man who broke into his house this morning, the Surry County Sheriff's Office said.

Greg and Ashley Durham of 2769 Old Highway 52 woke up about 3:30 when they heard their dog barking outside, the sheriff's office said in a statement.

They saw a person wearing what looked like a hood walking near the back of their house, and called 911.

The man forced open a locked door and came in the front of the house.

Greg Durham "shot the disguised unknown person after the entry into the living quarters of the house, using a .22-caliber rifle," the statement said.

Deputies arrived and found Jason Garrett Chilton, 20, lying on the floor in the front room with a gunshot wound. He was wearing a pillowcase over his face, the statement said.

Chilton, whose address was not available, was in stable condition at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. Deputies drew a warrant charging him with first-degree burglary.

This story can be found at: www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ/MGArticle/WSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1137833877237
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:37:41 AM EDT
Sounds like Mr. Durham had to do what he had to do, He kept his family safe +1
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:35:43 AM EDT
Thats right up the rd from me. just think if the man had a 44mag or 357. The punk who have a tag hanging off his big toe right now. WD
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:15:27 AM EDT
Good shoot. He was too nice just to use a 22.

Max
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:35:05 AM EDT
right close to me as well. i heard about all the commotion from some friends. seems the perp has a history.

yep. he had better take opportunity to change his life. a different house and he'd have had his future sealed right then and there.
Top Top