Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:33:37 AM EDT
1 week from now, who's going?  I'll probably show up between 9:30-10:00 a.m.

dixiegunandknifeshow.tripod.com/

click above to save a $1

Jan 21-22 2006...Our Next Show !

NC State Fairgrounds, Raleigh, NC

u352: can I get a tack?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
But of course.
I won't make it Saturday (maybe late Sunday). Can I talk you into holding a meet and greet in the cafeteria?

how about 10:30 am Saturday in the cafeteria, corner table?  worked sorta well last time.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Count me in!  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Assaultrifler -- if we meet at 10:30 in the cafeteria, are you buying?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Hope to see you all there.
Red
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Red,

Can you turn a heavy barrel down to aproximately a pencil barrel thickness?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
i'll be there looking to buy tons of stuff. see you guys there
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Good then you can look forward to helping me carry several full ammo cans out!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#10]
hey guys, just a thought herehinking.gif, since some of us missed the night out at Briar Creekhy or is that the plan?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:55:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Excellent Can you commit to at least 10:30 to  10:40?

I can hang from 10:30-11:00 or so, then I want to actually go see the show!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone going on Sunday?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Can't make Raleigh.   u352, you wanna try for another breakfast at Tex and Shirley's Saturday before Greensboro?  Can you split this off and pin a new thread?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm in for Saturday.  I missed the Brier Creek meet, but still looking forward to the opportunity to meet fellow local shooters, then hit the show looking for more gear, never can have enough.

Triz
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going Saturday. How will everyone know who each other is?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You have to know the secret handshake along with the correct "gang" signs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone going Sunday, around 10am?  I hear the biscuits are better Sunday than Saturday!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I'm the guy walking around trying to get people to shake hands.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's why we're planning the 10:30-11:00 meet in the cafeteria
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel fairly certain that were you to stand on top of one of the tables in the cafeteria, bang your chest King Kong style and yell out "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" the rest of the guys will be able to identify you as a fellow ARFCOMMER... right before you're removed from the building by security.

OOOOOOOOR... you could look at the big table at the back of the cafeteria, right hand corner around 10:30am.

Ooo... or you could even make an "A" with your body by holding your hands above your head like a triangle (YMCA style, work with me here) and an "R" by bending sideways at the waist and sticking one leg out to the side... still keeping that triangle!  Come to think of it this is probably a better idea than standing on the table and much more interesting than just walking up to the group of guys who keep mentioning things like "223, flat tops, carry handles and 6 position stocks".

MAN I do not need to eat anymore sugar today.    Oh and don't worry, I don't think I'll be making it to the show this time.  

The cafeteria isn't crowded at that time, I'm sure you'll be able to easily spot the group.  Hope ya'll have fun!  I forgot to demonstrate the secret hand shake while at Briar Creek.  It's just as well, because like my ideas above, you'll probably look insanely queer attempting it.  It's REALLY secret... since I'm the only one who knows it.  

<thinks twice before hitting "submit" but does it anyways>
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I feel fairly certain that were you to stand on top of one of the tables in the cafeteria, bang your chest King Kong style and yell out "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA RRRRRRRRRR!!!!!" the rest of the guys will be able to identify you as a fellow ARFCOMMER... right before you're removed from the building by security.

OOOOOOOOR... you could look at the big table at the back of the cafeteria, right hand corner around 10:30am.

Ooo... or you could even make an "A" with your body by holding your hands above your head like a triangle (YMCA style, work with me here) and an "R" by bending sideways at the waist and sticking one leg out to the side... still keeping that triangle!  Come to think of it this is probably a better idea than standing on the table and much more interesting than just walking up to the group of guys who keep mentioning things like "223, flat tops, carry handles and 6 position stocks".

MAN I do not need to eat anymore sugar today.    Oh and don't worry, I don't think I'll be making it to the show this time.  

The cafeteria isn't crowded at that time, I'm sure you'll be able to easily spot the group.  Hope ya'll have fun!  I forgot to demonstrate the secret hand shake while at Briar Creek.  It's just as well, because like my ideas above, you'll probably look insanely queer attempting it.  It's REALLY secret... since I'm the only one who knows it.  

<thinks twice before hitting "submit" but does it anyways>

It's gotten cold in here.

I'm planning on being there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#24]
we all kinda look like this:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe i'll get out there soon enough to meet some folks. I'll be the guy selling 20" Norinco SKS and Vaquero 45LC(if anyone is interested) If I don't get a chance to meet anyone, good luck tomorrow!

Soren
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#26]
You could just wear your ARFCOM shirts, its worked well for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I may be there I have a Marine Corps Leage meeting at the reserve center till about 2 or 3 pm
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#28]
How about an after action report? I had my plans changed for me at the last moment, couldn't make it today. I suppose all the ammo deals (if there were any) are long gone.

Will try again Sunday, but may just wait for G'boro show next weekend if the buzz suggests it's just the same old, same old. I haven't been that impressed with the last couple of shows.

Anybody see any lightweight barrels? Or uppers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Del-Ton had some light weight barrels.

Red has a good deal on USGI contract 20 round mags 5 for $45.

I would wait for G'boro show next weekend.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry I missed the table meet up session, my watch was lying to me so I was busy getting a new lower reciever when I should have been meeting you guys.
My impressions were that the show prices were much lower across the board than the last show.  Unless my memory is failing me, I recall seeing SKS rifles for $180 last show, this time my buddy bought one for $120.  The exception was ammo, but I didn't check any other vendors other than georgia arms.  .223 canned heat was up $10.00 but the .45 acp JHP was the same price as last show.  The vendor said that lead and brass prices had gone up.
I saw numerous $350ish AK-47 rifles, and was heavily tempted to bring one home.  Or an SKS.  Logic prevailed, so I brought 2000 rounds of ammo, a stripped lower and a parts kit home instead.  *keep in mind I have no idea what to check for on most of these guns I pick up and look at, I just remember prices and hopefully names.  I don't know the difference between a $300 ak and a $900 ak. *
I did get to feel like an ass, because I encountered one of our own at the show.  He was a vendor, and I had no idea he was a vendor.  Also, I somehow missed his table the first trip through the building, and didn't see him until after I bought my stuff somewhere else.  Whoops, maybe next time  He did have quite a few cool looking toys there, and I recall him being harrassed about the full auto he had on display!
After all is said and done, I had a great time and hope the next one is as good or better.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I showed up to the cafeteria around 10:30 on the dot after getting my coffee, after 5 or minutes I took a pic of the ARFCOM crew that decided to drop by

No one else showed up so about 10:52 I left and cruised the gun show, didn't buy anything except a side deal on some reloading supplies and the deal went down in the parking lot and some 2005 state quarters to fill the hole's in my coin album.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I went, but ended up getting there later than i expected. Here are a couple things I saw:
Wolf 7.62 @$139.00/case
SKS -really dirty Yugos for $99.99-$119.00
        -average cond. Yugos $159-$169.00
        - (2) Rusky SKS $375.00 & $400.00
        - very nice laminated Norinco SKS $325.00 (thought about buying it for a split second)
 (1) Century made Yugo M70 for $499.00
several yugo dark bore kits for $89.00
Romy kits for $119.00-$129.00 all same condition "G" kits
approx. (10-12) Wasr-10s $349.00

I went looking for AK parts, Ammo, books, mags.
I met Scott from DPHarms, he's a nice guy and I spent most of my money with him. Here was my take for the day:
(2) 30rd steel mags
(1) "G" Romy kit
(1) trigger guard jig
compliance parts for current build, slant brake, grip, G2 trigger ass.
Romy bayo
(1) rifle bag
(1) history of the Kalishnikov book

Did anyone else notice the looooong ass lines?? Took me 20 minutes to get in and this was at 11:15.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Scott at DPH is top notch on AK parts he works with me at GE and have been friends for 12 years. He got his start with us doing shows back when i was with Dave at BRW but Scott branched out on his own to do AK parts and has become the top seller/source on the east coast for AK parts he is as good as they come.
Red
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry i could not do the lunch date I was just to busy to get away. I would really like us to do a "Dinner" in RTP again one night and this time would some one call me and let me know when.
Red
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#35]
How was it for the Sunday crowd?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How was it for the Sunday crowd?

I got there about 1:15, and it was jumpin until about 4, then it seemed to die out pretty quick. Many of the dealers were starting to pull stuff off of their tables before I even bought anything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I stopped by on my way home from SC at 3. Very busy & very hot. All I got was a clip for my new FAL from Red. It looked like a good show though.

Uh-oh, you said the "C" word...  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I stopped by on my way home from SC at 3. Very busy & very hot. All I got was a clip for my new FAL from Red. It looked like a good show though.

A FAL eh? Well I'm sure it'll eject empties better than mine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

A FAL eh? Well I'm sure it'll eject empties better than mine.

I got that fixed by the way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I was there Saturday, but my girlfriend and I got in about 11:30 so I didn't even bother to try to find any of yall.

I did pick up a complete Stag Lower from Del-Ton, which I was lucky because I had the only one since I had pre ordered it a month in advance. Did see some Q3131, but since I don't have an upper yet, I passed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#42]
I made it over around 3pm on Sunday, and the place was pretty empty. Then again, I was there to pick up a dedicated .22LR DCM upper from Del-Ton that they were folding for me (plan to do some high power practice at the DCWC rim fire rifle only range).

While I was there, I picked up some 9mm from Georgia Arms. After that, just enough time to drop in to see Red at XRing, and Alan at B&B Shooters Supply, before I was kicked out at closing time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top