Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 3:12:51 PM EDT
While shooting there today a game warden drove up and was not happy to see that someone
had brought 7 - 8 old fire extinguishers to use for target practice.  He said their concerns
are for safety from ricochets.  They are considering a daily use fee of a couple of dollars to
offset the need for regular cleanup.  I bring an empty garbage bag with me and spend a few
minutes at the end of target practice picking up any of my garbage as well as others.  Please
encourage your fellow shooters to put their trash in the containers that are there at the site.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
JMARK,
I was there for about 3 hours Saturday and those extinguishers were all over the place then too.
Last year in January my son, brother in-law and 3 buddies showed up there and there were extinguishers and all kind of other stuff there lying around. Although we put up paper targets, we still took some shots at some of the junk and less than 5 minutes later a forest ranger with "Law Enforcement" written on the hood of his car pulled up and gave each one of us a $90.00 warning ticket and a promise of a real fine for the second offence for shooting at unauthorized targets. Even though we didn't bring the junk, he did catch us red handed shooting at it. He was a nice and polite ranger but did say that they are getting fed up cleaning the mess.
Well, I learned my lesson and will NEVER shoot at anything but dirt clods and paper targets again.
Like you, I try and pick up more trash than I bring.
If that place got shut down I would have a heart attack. I've shot there at least once a week consistantly for 3 years.
Base-Rigger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top