Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 2:08:28 PM EDT
I was , and I met a couple.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My daughter and I were there.
We helped clean up the range, then had to leave.
A big thanks to who ever cleaned the crap next to the benches.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My daughter and I were there.
We helped clean up the range, then had to leave.
A big thanks to who ever cleaned the crap next to the benches.

That was two of the guys I came with that cleaned it.
I was smart enough to stay down range with you and cleanup the less stinky stuff

Thanks again for the help cleaning.  You should have stuck around a little longer and got a shot or two with my friends new S&W 500.  I gotta get one now

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there along with Bgoodman762. we met caveman and a couple of his buds. very nice guy and had some nice weaponry also. i did NOT shoot the S&W 500 but i did stand back and watch a little bit, way too much gun for me to try to tackle, but a very nice and unique piece all the same. sorry that i did not make it early enough to help with the clean up but i had a hard time getting started from the house.

all in all a very good day

see you'll around

camaro
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I remembered your screen name camaro128, I didn't remember Bgoodman762's "name".

I would have stuck around a little longer, but I had my cousin that rode with me that I had to drop off in Locust...then head back to Gastonia myself
My ass is still numb from all the driving

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
caveman  I am the guy that came in the green minivan with my wife. we saw everybody was cleaning up,  I use the range so helping out is no big deal, I just did not know that  people were planing to do it at that time. I had a good time shooting afterwards, but I did not introduce my self, or get anyone's name. this morning I went back to do a little shooting, and i met three other guys there this morning. One guy with a AR15 that he was showing me started a convesation about the gun show in Hickory, and about the clean up. I said that someone said that clean up was posted on a website, I asked what website it was, and he told me ar15.com and again i did not ask the what his name was or what his user name was. So when the three guys were leaving, and some other people were seting up, Mr. 50 S&W shows up and was tolking to the person I was talking to about the website. I was getting ready to leave myself, and 50S&W came over and was talking to me and I said I would like to stay in touch so when you plan a clean up, or are going to gun shows . I asked what is your friends user name, he gave me your user name, I thought it was the guy I was talking to this morning, being that he was just talking to him, before he came over to say hi to me. That is why I sent you a PM that you have no Idea about what I am talking about. Sorry about the mixup.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
koba 49,
Ok, now I know who you are. No big deal about the mixup. Thanks for help cleaning up.  It wasn't anything "planned". We (me and "Mr.500S&W") always cleanup when we get there.  Gotta do what we can to keep the place from getting shutdown or screwed up some other way.
We try to make it to the range once every month or two. It's about 1 1/2 hrs for me to get there so I don't get there as much as I'd like.

The next time I'm headed there I'll post something here for anybody that wants to meet there.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I make it a point now to bring at least a trash bag and fill it up every trip.

I went 12/21, and people were throwing clays out over the pistol range and into the woods, and still shooting at them in the woods (ie towards the road)

I hope the range doesnt get shut down because of morons, or worse because someone gets hurt
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I went on Monday and the range was SPOTLESS. You guys and gals did a good job. It benefits everyone when the range is clean. If we can all work together and keep it that way, we may not lose a great place to shoot outdoors. You guys and all those others who clean when they go get my sincere thanks.

I sure would hate to lose a place where you can shoot anything you'd like in the beautiful outdoors for free. I know it's not us guys that are the problem and it's refreshing to see all those who care pitch in. It's a shame everybody doesn't share our feelings.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad to hear it stayed "spotless" for at least 24 hrs.  I'd hate to see what it looks like this weekend.
It took us over 2 hrs to clean it and fill the dumpster.  It'll probably be at least a month before I have the time to get out there again which will probably mean a couple more hours of cleanin'.   But it's better to have a place to shoot that needs cleaning, than no place to shoot at all.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top