Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 3:08:54 PM EDT
I wouldn't be suprised if one of you actually work here, but I just saw a commercial about these guys...  Anyone ever heard of it?  They have a website, tacticalapplicationsgroup.com...  Just wondering what they have to offer, as I only caught part of the commercial, and a lot of their website is under construction...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that I've been into their store on Western Blvd before.  But that was almost three years ago.  They had a bunch high speed gear.  I wasn't overly impressed with prices or anything.

Whoops, I should've waited for the website to load.

Different group, looks like.

Interesting, most of the instructors are ACDU Marines.  It appears that courses are held at the Marksmanship Training Unit on Stone Bay.  Things that make you go hmmm.

I'd like to hear anybody chime in, if they know anything.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bump this to the top, but I don't have anything to add.  I can't see how they could do much training if they are mostly ACDU warfighters.  Seems their primary duties would get in the way of training locals and civilians.

Still, I'm up for a class if they're any good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
i haven't dealt with them personally, but my unit sent a few guys over to MTU before we went to iraq, and i can say that the EMP course of fire is great. though, when it's structured as a marine corps program you can lose some of the fun. but once you learn all you need to know (techniques, safety, etc.) you and your pals can go find some land and set up the course yourself. really useful info for close range engagements. most likely they would be doing the course on weekends if they're all ACDU. anyway. it never hurts to call and get more info. and besides, who better to learn this stuff from than my fellow marines? if we know anything, it's combat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#4]
No dealings with their training side, but I bought one of their "Spartan" replacement Interceptor OTV cover.  Fills a unique niche that no other gear maker is doing right now.  It converts the OTV into a 2-panel, apron-style vest with additional PALS real estate.  Good service over the phone and by email, quick shipping.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Good info.

I'll be back out there after the first of the year, I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think that I've been into their store on Western Blvd before.  But that was almost three years ago.  They had a bunch high speed gear.  I wasn't overly impressed with prices or anything.

TAG is up on Henderson, towards the residential areas.  They have a retail shop, but I never went in there.  Ordered my Spartan over the phone.  

Extreme Outfitters is on Western Blvd. in the first shopping center north of 24.  Like you said, lots of stuff that you can actually see/try out, but prices are nothing spectacular.  They were starting to get some TAG (Tactical Assault Gear), Maxpedition, and other new stuff when I left there in February.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I'll have to check them out this weekend.  Gotta do some Christmas shopping anyways.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I guess I'll have to check them out this weekend.  Gotta do some Christmas shopping anyways.

Its Monday mroning here, what were the results?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I'm not from Jacksonville, so I'm not real familiar with the town.  By the time I was ready to head that way, it was dark, and as I was following the map I ran into construction, so I opted not to get lost.  That extreme outfitters place was easy to find however, and had lots of cool stuff. Prices were reasonable, but not the best, I'll buy from them cause I like having these kinds of businesses around.  Support the locals...  I got to look through an Eotech for the first time there, But I couldn't find an Aimpoint to compare...  When I get my next paycheck, I'm going back to Jacksonville, and this time I'll make sure I get up earlier so I can see where I'm going...  The place shouldn't be too hard to find in the daylight, were I can see the street names...  I'll update as soon as I get back...  But keep in mind, I'm not going to take a course, I unfortunately don't have enough time or money for that... Just going to see their store...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey man, call them first. They used to be on Henderson but moved this past week or so over to hwy 24 just south of the main gate. I dont know if they are open yet. They are great guys and will give you a good deal. The owner is the current plt sgt for his sniper platoon. All his boys work the shop. His wife runs the place during the day. I think they plan on selling custom rifles too but I haven't been in the new store yet. I spent time with them in some shitty places this year and can honestly say they are good to go.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey man, call them first. They used to be on Henderson but moved this past week or so over to hwy 24 just south of the main gate. I dont know if they are open yet. They are great guys and will give you a good deal. The owner is the current plt sgt for his sniper platoon. All his boys work the shop. His wife runs the place during the day. I think they plan on selling custom rifles too but I haven't been in the new store yet. I spent time with them in some shitty places this year and can honestly say they are good to go.

Hey does the Lejeune PX still sell firearms?  I'm PCSing back there in March, just wondering.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes they still sell firearms Kota4bye...

and thanks for the info southfloridaguns, I prolly would have wasted a lot of time looking for them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top