BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is SSI?  Sir Walter is mega buck, wake county is kinda far and I would need to take the class.  I have a one year membership to Davi's that I got for christmas to burn up.  I plan to use it as often as possible till I at least get my money out of it!  
I would be interested in shooting with some fellow Arfcommers and perhaps actually learning something instead of reinforcing my self created bad habits.

It's kind of far from N. Raleigh, but I am always willing to host folks out at DPRC in Mebane.  I'm allowed a maximum of two guests at a time, but I go there at least twice a week.  If you'd like to check it out, send me an IM.  Try a threegun match up on Oxford sometime.  It's not too far from N. Raleigh, and a good way to get your feet wet in competition.  If it's intimidating, just remember that you'll be fine as long as you are safe.  Speed comes with practice.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah, the first time I walked into Davi's was a hoot, back in 2000.  Two guys behind the counter pumping each other up about some knife ad in SWAT that featured cutting through a car roof.  I got the why are you bothering me look as I appproached the counter, and dimwit went back to stroking his ego.  

Fast forward to '04- I walked in and had salespeople tripping over each other to help me.  Kinda disturbing- good service is just that, but the third time someone gets in your face and asks what you want gets old.  One extreme to the other, though it sounds like it hasn't changed much.

Boy are they proud of their prices.  My $$$ goes elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag. I'll be looking for shops very soon.

I actually visited Davi's one night. Impressive selection (either that, or I haven't been in a good store for a while). Service was OK. Nothing to write home about. This was back about a year ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I am recommending Rudder's gun service pretty hard right now.  He is in Butner, its a nice little drive.  Small shop, but really great people.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am recommending Rudder's gun service pretty hard right now.  He is in Butner, its a nice little drive.  Small shop, but really great people.

+1  They are good people.  I'll be there all day Saturday, hoping my new toy comes in.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He is in Butner, its a nice little drive.  Small shop, but really great people.

Oh, dear......

I'll be working about 15 minutes from Butner!

I'm doomed!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be there also, and my new toy will be there too!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:25:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I will be there also, and my new toy will be there too!

Say hello when you're there.  I'll be helping out behind the counter this Saturday.  I fill in from time to time when they are short handed so I'll be there all day.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top