Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/9/2003 4:14:19 PM EDT
I'm looking to move to the Western NC area, somewhere within a reasonable driving distance (or general proximity) of Pisgah State Forest. However, I need a job before I can move. I check monster, hotjobs, career builder, career seeker, but they only have a few postings a day for jobs in that area. What sites am I missing? I'm sure there is a newspaper or job classifieds section somewhere that I'm missing which has more jobs than the mainstream job classifieds. Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:39:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/13/2003 4:40:24 PM EDT by machaira]
look at the Asheville area on the net for newspapers, chamber of commerce, etc. also look at the Blowing Rock area.
a lot of the work there is now tourist oriented - golf course stuff, hotel work, etc.
also, christmas tree farms are big businees - if you have outdoor work/landscaping experience you might find something as well. i'd check with UNC-Asheville and Western Carolina University as well. should be able to do all this on the web.
i don't know what your skills are but anything from auto repair to accounting might be around. best of luck!
Top Top