Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/14/2003 5:47:59 PM EDT
Close on new house on the 21st.
Moving to Durham on the 27th.
Start new job w/Labcorp on the 28th.

Looking for a range to join and some friendly folks with the same interests.

All advice accepted. Especially about the mandatory handgun registration that Durham county requires. I haven't deceided yet how I'm going to deal with it...or if I will at all.

Moving to a new area and not knowing anyone really stinks.

Ryan

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:22:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2003 8:25:39 PM EDT by Trog777]
www.dprc.org/

VERY nice range. It's a long drive for me but I'm thinking about joining anyway. Been as a guest once and am going back this Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:22:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Trog777:
www.dprc.org/

VERY nice range. It's a long drive for me but I'm thinking about joining anyway. Been as a guest once and am going back this Saturday.

The webpage looks good, but they don't mention IDPA or IPSC. Any idea if they sponsor those types of events?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:21:33 AM EDT
Sure don't Slacker. I'll try to find out for you saturday if nobody else answeres before then.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:14:49 PM EDT
Hey Slacker,

http://www.foothillsidpa.com/index.htm

They have links to other ranges as well. IDPA Saturday in Boone.
I am a member at Lee County Gun Club. It's a small range but it's only $35 a year and is fairly close. Maybe we can get a local shoot going. Wataoga (spell?) gun club is the best I have seen but it's $500 for the first year and $300 after that, too high for me.

Toner
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:11:40 PM EDT
Local shoot sounds like a great idea.

We have shoots in the Tidewater area about once a month, sometimes its only 3 or 4 guys, but its always fun. I'm really going to miss it.

I'll IM you my contact info.

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:37:35 PM EDT
About 60 heads in the last IDPA shoot at The Foothills (7/5). It was my first time.
I forgot to bring my .45 ammo can and was only able to shoot 3 of the 5 courses with the rounds that I had loaded in extra mags. As soon as some people found out some guys got together and gave me a hand out. It was allot of fun but HOT.
I was waiting my turn on the 4th course till a thunder storm came in. It poured HEAVY so I took off early (wife and 17 month old were getting tired) and I did not get to finish.

Toner
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:33:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Trog777:
Sure don't Slacker. I'll try to find out for you saturday if nobody else answeres before then.

Man, I'm sorry. I plain forgot to ask. I'm such a sh*t. I'm bent over, insert foot when ready. They say memory goes with age. I must've reached it. At least I have according to my wife.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:00:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Slacker:
Close on new house on the 21st.
Moving to Durham on the 27th.
Start new job w/Labcorp on the 28th.

Looking for a range to join and some friendly folks with the same interests.

All advice accepted. Especially about the mandatory handgun registration that Durham county requires. I haven't deceided yet how I'm going to deal with it...or if I will at all.

Moving to a new area and not knowing anyone really stinks.

Ryan

Slacker, welcome to the area. I live just 10 minutes away from the DPRC in Mebane. I'm a member, and I shoot there often, though I don't participate in any organized shoots.

Send me a note if you have any questions. I would be glad to take you over there if you'd like to look around and shoot. If you work at LabCorp, you pass by that way to&from work everyday, give it a shot...

Top Top