Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 5:47:59 PM EDT
Close on new house on the 21st.
Moving to Durham on the 27th.
Start new job w/Labcorp on the 28th.

Looking for a range to join and some friendly folks with the same interests.

All advice accepted. Especially about the mandatory handgun registration that Durham county requires. I haven't deceided yet how I'm going to deal with it...or if I will at all.

Moving to a new area and not knowing anyone really stinks.

Ryan

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
www.dprc.org/

VERY nice range. It's a long drive for me but I'm thinking about joining anyway. Been as a guest once and am going back this Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.dprc.org/

VERY nice range. It's a long drive for me but I'm thinking about joining anyway. Been as a guest once and am going back this Saturday.

The webpage looks good, but they don't mention IDPA or IPSC. Any idea if they sponsor those types of events?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure don't Slacker. I'll try to find out for you saturday if nobody else answeres before then.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Slacker,

http://www.foothillsidpa.com/index.htm

They have links to other ranges as well. IDPA Saturday in Boone.
I am a member at Lee County Gun Club. It's a small range but it's only $35 a year and is fairly close. Maybe we can get a local shoot going. Wataoga (spell?) gun club is the best I have seen but it's $500 for the first year and $300 after that, too high for me.

Toner
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Local shoot sounds like a great idea.

We have shoots in the Tidewater area about once a month, sometimes its only 3 or 4 guys, but its always fun. I'm really going to miss it.

I'll IM you my contact info.  

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
About 60 heads in the last IDPA shoot at The Foothills (7/5). It was my first time.
I forgot to bring my .45 ammo can and was only able to shoot 3 of the 5 courses with the rounds that I had loaded in extra mags. As soon as some people found out some guys got together and gave me a hand out. It was allot of fun but HOT.
I was waiting my turn on the 4th course till a thunder storm came in. It poured HEAVY so I took off early (wife and 17 month old were getting tired) and I did not get to finish.

Toner
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sure don't Slacker. I'll try to find out for you saturday if nobody else answeres before then.

Man, I'm sorry. I plain forgot to ask. I'm such a sh*t. I'm bent over, insert foot when ready. They say memory goes with age. I must've reached it. At least I have according to my wife.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Close on new house on the 21st.
Moving to Durham on the 27th.
Start new job w/Labcorp on the 28th.

Looking for a range to join and some friendly folks with the same interests.

All advice accepted. Especially about the mandatory handgun registration that Durham county requires. I haven't deceided yet how I'm going to deal with it...or if I will at all.

Moving to a new area and not knowing anyone really stinks.

Ryan

Slacker, welcome to the area.  I live just 10 minutes away from the DPRC in Mebane.  I'm a member, and I shoot there often, though I don't participate in any organized shoots.

Send me a note if you have any questions.  I would be glad to take you over there if you'd like to look around and shoot.  If you work at LabCorp, you pass by that way to&from work everyday, give it a shot...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top