Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 7:22:23 AM EDT
I read on packing.org that a reciprocity law was signed in NC that allows several other state CCW holders to legally carryconcealed there.  THe thing is the guy on packing.org never put down which states were signed into law.  Does anyone have a list of what states can carry in NC?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I must say that I don't know, but will see if I can track down the info.  NCCop might know, hopefully he will chime in.......

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The latest is Ole Virginny...
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#3]
There seems to be a lot of confusion right now about what states are reciprocal with NC. Until the bill was signed, NC did not recognize ANY out-of-state carry permits. I had been told that several states (OK, MI, KY, & FL) were already recognizing NC permits prior to the passage/signing of the bill, but I have not seen anything official on that. NC didn't say much about reciprocity because they didn't recognize anyone else's permits anyway....

I have a friend with the NC Attorney General's Office who is very pro-RKBA. If I can actually find him in his office I will ask for a list of the current reciprocal states.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Howdy,

Virginia honors NC permits.  North Carolina is listed on the Virginia State Police Website, and when NC permits became valid in VA, we got a teletype from the state police telling us so.

So, VA should be a shoe in when the NC law takes effect.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If anyone knows if Florida was good to go or not I would appreciate it.  I am waiting on my CCW for FL to get approved as it covers a good number of states
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top