Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A where did you go to high school post?

That question is one of my pet peeves about St. Louis...
View Quote

Concur!!! It's soooooo fucking idiotic!!!! Hoosier stupidity at it's finest...  it does crack me up whe a dirtleg is impressed by what high school i went to...

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
OP where do you plan to work? I would factor in local after you figured out your work address unless you do not care about commute. Do you plan on a lot or a little acreage? Northern Jeff Co. around Imperial east of 55 is still not as developed. Arnold, the taxes are getting like St.Louis Co. which is disappointing. There is allot of variety in Jeff Co. with building going on like crazy. In 20 more years it will look like St.Charles Co. only with more hills.

The downside is that Jeff Co. used to be free of allot of city bullshit, low taxes, relaxed building codes for barns, sheds, outbuildings. More personal control over your own property. Now with the good city people moving into SL C years ago, now are moving into Jeff Co. because of the city locusts moving into SLC and taxes. Bringing their government control over every goofy regulation you have in SL Co. ruining the manifest destiny over your own personal property rights. Jeff Co. went from a County Commissioner and three Council members to a Charter Government, County Executive and 7 County Council members, Lawyers that fight constantly over control of the government and are costing the county hundreds of thousands for their vendetta's.

Since 2000 the county has been a cluster fuck of dipshits fom st.louis, st.louis co. moving into Jefferson County and making it like the city with all the unnecessary rules and laws. My taxes have increased by 40% in ten years in a recession? Jeff Co. went from deep blue to pink but it will not be long and as developers are now building more apartment units as subsidized housing.
View Quote

No job lined up yet. I am actually looking for feedback on the St. Louis economy, but the thread seems to have changed directions.

I have noticed the tax increases in JeffCo. Not just property, but sales taxes too. I got slapped with 10.1% in Crystal City! Crazy. This story unfolds everywhere I go, unfortunately.

Also, driving around St. Louis at night has made me realize just how dark the roads are. I've lived in S. Texas, Augusta GA, Columbia SC, Charlotte NC.... None of them are so poorly lighted.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Eureka is meh at best.. further west on 44 is better..

St louis city and county suck shit through a straw... st charles co is not looking good...

I don't know much about the area politically,  but i do love the Ste. Genevieve area...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eureka is awesome. That is all.

Eureka is meh at best.. further west on 44 is better..

St louis city and county suck shit through a straw... st charles co is not looking good...

I don't know much about the area politically,  but i do love the Ste. Genevieve area...

Ste gen is VERY clicky and catholic. They don't welcome outsiders at all.

I do some work out there regularly and it's a strange town. People at the hardware and parts stores go out of their way to not help locals.

The wineries and restaurants are completely different though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top