BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested in future hikes. I'm in KCMO area. All I have is an eagle industries assault pack though. Is that alright to start? I've been wanting to do a hike under my 14s but I can see why night hikes may freak some out.

I need to look into what all you guys are carrying I guess.
View Quote

I just carry an older Kelty Redwing. Works fine but I really don't know any better
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yep, northland. I have S and Su off at the moment.
View Quote

Dominor and I were meeting and doing some hikes when he got off of work on my days off. Kind of hard to do when the sun goes down however. I wouldn't mind trying a night hike however. I do not have NVGS so I would have to use a headlamp.
As far as packs just bring what you have. Throw some weight in it and bring water.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be down to try an evening hike sometime.

Glad I don't have to fork out cash for a proper ruck. Though knowing my daypack a heavy load will suck
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd be down to try an evening hike sometime.

Glad I don't have to fork out cash for a proper ruck. Though knowing my daypack a heavy load will suck
View Quote

I just upgraded my pack bigly. If we go out and I have my new one you're more than welcome to use my Badlands if you would like. It's not for sale, but you're more than welcome to use it.

@Dominor would you want to try a night hike?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
@Shootindave forgot to tag you in the post above.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just upgraded my pack bigly. If we go out and I have my new one you're more than welcome to use my Badlands if you would like. It's not for sale, but you're more than welcome to use it.

View Quote

Awesome! May have to take you up on that. If we do a night hike I'd happily let the 14s get passed around if you haven't looked through one before.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Awesome! May have to take you up on that. If we do a night hike I'd happily let the 14s get passed around if you haven't looked through one before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've watched enough movies to know what they're like

Link Posted: 11/24/2020 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@Shootindave forgot to tag you in the post above.
View Quote

I currently have Fri/Sat off. Most Saturdays coming up I will be at the range working on getting dope on a couple new rifles. Really need to try to get my Creedmoor out to 1000 while I have a decent spotter to go with me. I could do that in the morning and try to hit a hike in the afternoon maybe.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Guys !

This weekend is booked with family for Thanksgiving, and the other two weekends you picked are iffy for me at te moment.

You guy pick a date and I’ll work on joining you.

I’ll add my 30lb Plate carrier for a total of 75lbs.
( WTF am I getting myself into... groan. )
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Just to summarize where we are at:

Date of hike being decided still:
A) Saturday the 5th
or
B) Saturday the 19th

Personally, I lean towards the 5th, as additional craziness with the election could ensue around the time of the electoral college vote on the 14th.

Same schedule as last time:
1. Camping the night before in the primary campground on Friday night.
2. Saturday morning at 10am 6 mile ruck using APC standard weights.

Differences:
1. I am not planning on us doing 10 miles as the primary hike
2. We may not have our mobile command center (aka Tree-Huggers camper)
3. Weather is likely to be cold and not as kind as last time
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 12:58:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Cold weather is best weather for heavy loads !!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cold weather is best weather for heavy loads !!!
View Quote

Im hoping if we get precip that it is snow over rain :D
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#13]
5th is great. Lets get it on
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
5th is great. Lets get it on
View Quote

This is the way. I think we just need to say the 5th since time is running short again and no one seems to have a better idea or distinct adversion.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
The 5th is looking better and better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:41:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok, I am going to call it and say we are doing it on the 5th.

A Missouri Statewide American Pioneer Corps Ruck next Saturday the 5th in Central Missouri. The ruck will take place Saturday morning at 10am, if you are driving in that morning plan to be arriving by at least 9:30 or before. Several of us will be camping out the night before at the campground for a night of frigid fun to put us in the mood for trudging through the woods weighted down with weight for no reason. There is a conservation area range available at Lead mine, but is about 2 hours away by foot or 10 minutes of driving from the campground.

Time:
December 4th (Friday) - Arfcom HTF Meetup/Campout
December 5th 10am (Saturday) - American Pioneer Corps 6mi Ruck under standard hiking conditions.

Lead Mine Conservation Area Main Campground for camp and start of hike.

Driving:
There is very little cell signal out there. It is recommended that you download your map while you do have signal and/or familiarize yourself with the area. Your gps should route you onto the red road (Highway T then to orange, and then to the yellow line). If it does not, then you are likely going to the wrong place.

@bigbryce31186
@shelbysguns
@tree-hugger

APC Hiking Conditions:
Standard
45lb ruck not including water + any optional load bearing equipment you are wearing like PC/chest rig
or
35lb ruck not including water + rifle + any optional load bearing equipment you are wearing like PC/chest rig
Provisional
Same as above - 10 lbs
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I will see what I can do!
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#18]
@Norsk_Snikskytter

@Dominor

@Shootindave  see post above mine. Can't remember if yall said you could come or not.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

I'm in!  Mrs. ASW is gonna come too, but she probably won't be carrying the full weight requirement (I hope that's ok).

NVM, I talked the Mrs. into throwing a 35lb plate into her pack.

Is there any requirement to bring ammo/mags etc. for the long gun?  I'll be sure to bring a chamber flag.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96579/Morty_SOB_jpg-1707032.JPG

I'm in!  Mrs. ASW is gonna come too, but she probably won't be carrying the full weight requirement (I hope that's ok).

NVM, I talked the Mrs. into throwing a 35lb plate into her pack.

Is there any requirement to bring ammo/mags etc. for the long gun?  I'll be sure to bring a chamber flag.
View Quote

Awesome!

Ammo and mags are not required, the only "required" item is a ruck. The APC guidelines only mention a "long gun" so that could be a 10/22, shotgun, or bolt-action if you want. I think most of us running PCs or chest rigs do it because there is so little opportunity to validate your setup in such a manner. I plan on carrying condition 3 (mag in, not chambered) just for the practice of carrying a full weight slung rifle.

Tagging others who have shown interest:
@connor327
@JestersHK
@Dab2
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I posted in the APC forum and in GD to advertise some. Wow. 20 minutes later and my post is already off page 1. GD moves fast!

Using this post to tag others on my list (If I tag you and you no longer want to be notified, let me know.. otherwise I will continue tagging you):
@Jbowles
@Lokifox
@CatfishHunter
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I posted it in my local AMCON group as well. I know another ARFCOMMER is running around in the group. Not sure who it is however.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make this one, sorry boys hope the weather stays good for ya!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's waaaay cooler in person Shelby popped my NV cherry on the last trip and I got completely tainted by his baller setup...now all the cheaper options just seem lame
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's waaaay cooler in person Shelby popped my NV cherry on the last trip and I got completely tainted by his baller setup...now all the cheaper options just seem lame
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A buddy of mine has a really nice thermal scope. I haven't had the chance to look through NVGs yet however. Hopefully soon though!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I picked up dual sionyx sports off the EE after last time. They may be cheaper.. but they are also a gateway drug. My hope is that when I can afford a 14, I will have everything else already set. And I can train in the meantime.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I picked up dual sionyx sports off the EE after last time. They may be cheaper.. but they are also a gateway drug. My hope is that when I can afford a 14, I will have everything else already set. And I can train in the meantime.
View Quote

We should do a night hike
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We should do a night hike
View Quote

How else were we planning on staying warm all night?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Camping + Hike:
Flak-Magnet

Trying to make the Camp + Hike:
Tree-hugger
Ascalon

Hike Only:
woodxdm + 1
Aswrg7
Mrs Aswrg7
Trying to make the Hike Only:

Interested but unknown:
@Norsk_Snikskytter
@ShootinDave

Cant Make it:
Domnior
shelbysguns

I think this is about right. Am I missing anyone or is anyone in the wrong category?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 8:46:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Camping + Hike:
Flak-Magnet
woodxdm
shelbysguns

Trying to make the Camp + Hike:
Tree-hugger

Hike Only:
Aswrg7
Mrs Aswrg7
Ascalon

Trying to make the Hike Only:

Interested but unknown:
@Norsk_Snikskytter
@ShootinDave

Cant Make it:
Domnior

I think this is about right. Am I missing anyone or is anyone in the wrong category?
View Quote

I can't make the camp. Girlfriend is coming so nobody would be able to take care of our mutts
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can't make the camp. Girlfriend is coming so nobody would be able to take care of our mutts
View Quote

She is coming to the hike? Awesome!

@shelbysguns are you planning on camping again this time?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, she's worried about keeping up.  I told her we'd pick her up on the way back
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#33]
I will show up for a hike on Sat.  Are others carrying a rifle? Edit: nevermind
Camping sounds fun but that'll hopefully be a future thing since I don't have any camp gear here.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah, she's worried about keeping up.  I told her we'd pick her up on the way back
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha. I will be lucky to keep up to pace this time, I think I have gone 6 miles once since our last Lead Mine hike. Prior to that I was doing 6 miles about once a week.

@bigbryce31186

Somehow I missed adding you to our list, I know you are trying to see how things will work out. Does that include the camping or are you just trying to make the Saturday hike if you can?
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she tires out that just gives you the opportunity to pick her up to practice the buddy carry
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:12:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If she tires out that just gives you the opportunity to pick her up to practice the buddy carry
View Quote

I was going to make a comment about needing to hit the gym but she'll probably read this.

Sucks you arent gonna make this one but it looks like we might have a pretty good turnout
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:43:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ha. I will be lucky to keep up to pace this time, I think I have gone 6 miles once since our last Lead Mine hike. Prior to that I was doing 6 miles about once a week.

@bigbryce31186

Somehow I missed adding you to our list, I know you are trying to see how things will work out. Does that include the camping or are you just trying to make the Saturday hike if you can?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bigbryce31186

I'm not able to make this one. One of the managers is going out of town with his family, so I have to be there Friday and Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just saw the date had been picked. Unfortunately ill be in Texas hunting this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not able to make this one. One of the managers is going out of town with his family, so I have to be there Friday and Saturday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just saw the date had been picked. Unfortunately ill be in Texas hunting this weekend.

Double sad day!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#40]
We meeting in the same spot?
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We meeting in the same spot?
View Quote

Yes, I am camped two slots down from where we were
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Had a blast and it was great to meet you guys!
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. You all are some great people, thanks for letting me tag along.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who were you 2 again??
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I knew I was going to miss a good time.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time Gents - and Ladies.

Good work keeping it going !!!  
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Lets do it again the 19th
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:02:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Next time I'm doing a chest rig. My shoulders are super sore
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I want you to know I read that as “thuper thore”
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I knew I was going to miss a good time.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time Gents - and Ladies.

Good work keeping it going !!!  
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Embrace the suck I was in that same spot last time, it definitely gave me the desire to get lighter plates when I can afford to.

Sounds like you guys had a good time, hopefully I can make the next one.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top