Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 7:14:28 PM EDT
Well, not every robber is carrying a unloaded gun

"The female employee opened the drawer, but the other employee reportedly said: "You're not robbing us today." That's when the man with the gun shot him twice in the chest."

We go to that shopping center once a month when we order from a Chinese carryout place pictured in the fox 4 video. This is no surprise. Not at all. Everyone is tough out there. No surprise a employee working down there would try to call a gunmans bluff.

"What ya gonna do, shoot me?".....

About 3 weeks ago there was a murder about 50 yards from that store, in the Genx parking lot. Same strip mall, few stores down.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't open the link here at work. Where did this occur?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can't open the link here at work. Where did this occur?
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A robbery turned deadly shooting has shaken up a South Kansas City shopping center Monday afternoon in the area of Longview Road and Blue Ridge Boulevard.

FOX 4's Megan Dillard talked with the owner of the store where the shooting occurred, a Boost Mobile.

He said that he had a female employee clocking out while the shooting victim was arriving to work. The owner said a man drove up, ran in with a gun, and robbed the store. The female employee opened the drawer, but the other employee reportedly said: "You're not robbing us today." That's when the man with the gun shot him twice in the chest.

FOX 4 was at the scene in time to watch paramedics take the victim off in an ambulance, which is when the owner pulled up and talked with the girl who was working. The account of the robbery we're reporting is what she told him -- police wouldn't let FOX 4 talk with her or finish our conversation with the owner.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just all so pointless.

I found out today that that exact boost mobile store has been robbed multiple times in the last month. That's why the victim said "you're not robbing us TODAY"
He received a double tap.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. Everyone thinks they are tougher than the person pointing a gun at them.
I will never understand that mentality. It's like a mental illness.

I stopped making eye contact with people years ago.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I am familiar with that area. Ruskin/Hickman Mills has gotten very bad in the last decade or so.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am familiar with that area. Ruskin/Hickman Mills has gotten very bad in the last decade or so.
View Quote
I guess a father and daughter beat a kid into critical condition inside Ruskin HS in the last few days.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I stopped making eye contact with people years ago.
View Quote
You walk around looking at the floor all day?  I think I'd move.  I'm not trying to be a smart ass dick, seriously, I'd move somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, not every robber is carrying a unloaded gun

"The female employee opened the drawer, but the other employee reportedly said: "You're not robbing us today." That's when the man with the gun shot him twice in the chest."

We go to that shopping center once a month when we order from a Chinese carryout place pictured in the fox 4 video. This is no surprise. Not at all. Everyone is tough out there. No surprise a employee working down there would try to call a gunmans bluff.

"What ya gonna do, shoot me?".....

About 3 weeks ago there was a murder about 50 yards from that store, in the Genx parking lot. Same strip mall, few stores down.
View Quote

Why someone would assume a criminal with a gun will not shoot you on purpose or accident is beyond me...

The shot employee should have either Shot 1st (If he had a weapon) or just STFU and complied....   Why even gamble it?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why someone would assume a criminal with a gun will not shoot you on purpose or accident is beyond me...

The shot employee should have either Shot 1st (If he had a weapon) or just STFU and complied....   Why even gamble it?
View Quote
Young and dumb with an ego would be my guess. Sad that the employee didn't make it to old and wise...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I guess a father and daughter beat a kid into critical condition inside Ruskin HS in the last few days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yea, yesterday. Father went to have lunch with his daughter. In the cafeteria was her ex. The ex sent a threatening text to the girl, who informed her father. He then proceeded to yank the young man out of his chair, by his hair and stomped him a few times. Holding him down so his daughter could strike him.

The victim was still unconscious when police arrived.

Quoted:

You walk around looking at the floor all day?  I think I'd move.  I'm not trying to be a smart ass dick, seriously, I'd move somewhere else.
My job requires I travel in a variety of areas. For now.
Not sure how you came across the assumption of looking at the ground. I never said I don't have situational awareness. I can scan my area and not have to make direct eye contact with every person filling up their car with gas.

I feel like making eye contact with a bunch of random people makes you look like a weirdo, liable to cause you problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not sure how you came across the assumption of looking at the ground. I never said I don't have situational awareness. I can scan my area and not have to make direct eye contact with every person filling up their car with gas.
View Quote
Because your post was vague enough to allow such an assumption. I thought the same thing initially.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because your post was vague enough to allow such an assumption. I thought the same thing initially.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad you haven't made detective. You might need a Enema...wait...that is your actual user name
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm glad you haven't made detective. You might need a Enema...wait...that is your actual user name
View Quote
Clever. Haven't heard that so many times to make it part of my username title or anything. If I decide to switch from pursuing a career as a detective to a physician I'll give you a ring. You're probably pretty versed in spotting a patent rectum given you don't look people in the eye anymore.

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing new for the area. I grew up in Ruskin Heights, about 28 or 29 years ago I had a buddy shot and killed in that same parking lot when a fight broke out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top