Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 12:01:19 PM EDT
1.  Why are there so many vehicles with no rear license plates?

2.  Why do I see a bunch of cars with "Permit Driver" in the back window?  Is this for DUIs being permitted to go to work/school, or is this for new drivers?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
1.  Why are there so many vehicles with no rear license plates?

2.  Why do I see a bunch of cars with "Permit Driver" in the back window?  Is this for DUIs being permitted to go to work/school, or is this for new drivers?
View Quote

Trucks with no rear tags are registered over 18k gross. The logic is they should be pulling a trailer most of the time so there's no point in a rear plate.  The permit driver crap I've always wondered about myself
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've only once been ticketed for not having a front plate and that went away when I came by the station with a front plate.

Most don't seem to care.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Primarily I found Corvettes and newer Cameros wouldn't install front plates.

I lit up a fairly new vette one night that didn't have a front plate and when I walked up to the drivers door I said "The reason I..." he interrupted me and said "I know, no front plate. This is summons number 30"

In addition, many times you run the rear plate they have mounted and you find it checks to another vehicle, they are "splitting plates".

They wanted speeding tickets written, but I pretty much refused. They COMPLETELY ignored the "rule of 85" setting the speed limits, the signs weren't/aren't installed at the correct height, etc.

They had the speed limit at 20 miles per hour on Randolph Rd. including where everyone gained speed going down a hill.

I wouldn't write a vehicle unless they were at least 38 mph in a 20. (Officer discretion)

Town of 52 people with 10 officers, average of $300,000.00 in annual fine revenue. When Missouri passed a bill stating that you couldn't use more than 20% of ticket revenue for municipal operations Randolph decided to shut down the Police Dept.
View Quote
Good ole Randolph. Surprisingly that's one of the few places I haven't had a speeding ticket in. I thought they still had a couple cops there. I work at one of the dealerships across from WOF. They drive by every now and then.

To the Permit Driver question. I've just started seeing a lot of these signs pop up on cars. I wonder if it's a new law.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#10]
When my son was learning to drive (in my car), I bought a magnet that said STUDENT DRIVER, and put it on the back whenever he was driving. He didn't like it, but I think it's a good warning to other drivers that this one may do something unusual.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've only once been ticketed for not having a front plate and that went away when I came by the station with a front plate.

Most don't seem to care.
View Quote
At least according to the KCPD guys, ghetto dirtbags were splitting plates between two cars. So, if you could prove you weren't, you were GTG.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

At least according to the KCPD guys, ghetto dirtbags were splitting plates between two cars. So, if you could prove you weren't, you were GTG.
View Quote
That happened to my dad a few years ago, kind of. My dad has his SUV stolen. The perps then switched his plates with someone else (same vehicle, different color) The poor dude that pulled over had no idea what was going on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#13]
The officers in Ferrelview were taking a break from their speed trap and spoke harshly to me about no front plate.  That's been the only time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
About $30-35 everywhere else. Fuck Randolph!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were $125.00 in Randolph.
About $30-35 everywhere else. Fuck Randolph!
The State Of Missouri shut Randolph down.

Missouri's first official speed-trap town fingered in audit
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Back when I had my 2000 Blazer that I built for custom truck shows, legal (Been in my dads garage for like 10 years with exp plates) I never had a front plate. 

Poor planning on my part, but the new front bumper and lower valance I think its called, that I put on before the new paint did not have a place for one. 
Afterwards, I wasn't about to drill holes in the bumper and jack up the look of a 7K dollar paint job (paint and body work).

It seemed like a good risk to take, whats a no front plate ticket 35-75.00....   

I think I had it mentioned to me like twice in 5 years an no tickets. 
So I never put one on...  It might still be laying in the passenger floorboard... 

I need to sell that thing as I don't have a garage for it and I'll never work on it again...  Lots of fun, proud moments of willing shows and good memories, just lost interest. 
She needs some TLC and a few things...

But I know I can never get any where what I put into it for it, so I just sit on it...  Stubborn like that..  I keep hoping I'll build a garage and get back into it...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Funny, I thought you were going to ask why nobody wanted to see your FOID card to buy ammo and how great it was to walk out of the gun store the same day with your new purchase.

When it comes to license plates one good thing Illinois has over Missouri is you guys get free vanity plates where ours are $25.00 extra.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Funny, I thought you were going to ask why nobody wanted to see your FOID card to buy ammo and how great it was to walk out of the gun store the same day with your new purchase.

When it comes to license plates one good thing Illinois has over Missouri is you guys get free vanity plates where ours are $25.00 extra.
View Quote
LOL @ the FOID.

As far as the plates, don't bitch...

Plates on my 28' enclosed car trailer cost me $114 a year in IL... I was shocked when she said it would be $10x.xx for a PERMANENT tag on my car trailer.

Same goes for the truck plates...  Way cheaper than IL...

Tax burden in IL for property tax far exceeds property and personal property taxes in St. Francois County.

So far, I'm liking it here... Missing only Wendy's, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Home Depot.  Would like to meet more people, but, I'm rather a hermit and work from home.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Heck, I'm tempted to drive down there, I'm overdue to go to the gunshop in Ironton anyway, and there are a couple of other shops I want to visit nearby.
View Quote
Come on down.  I keep Blue Moon and Mich Ultra in the fridge at 35F.  If you don't like either of those, BYOB.

This Saturday I'm driving north of STL to pick up this guy... He's 10 yrs old, and bigger than he looks in the video... 50 lbs worth of Std Schnauzer.  Was surrendered to the Humane Society supposedly because he was wetting his crate at night.  Once well examined, it was determined that he had an ACL tear.  The rescue paid to have it repaired and he's as good as new.  His foster said he only has peed once in his crate at night, and it was her fault for not taking the water up after 8PM.  Otherwise, he's never had an indoor accident in the 6 months they've had him.  They suspect the prior owners used the crate wetting as an excuse to give him up to someone that could afford to have his knee fixed.

His real name is Baxter... Not sure why they use Morpheus on Petfinder.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Morpheus runs the chicken pen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Come on down.  I keep Blue Moon and Mich Ultra in the fridge at 35F.  If you don't like either of those, BYOB.

This Saturday I'm driving north of STL to pick up this guy... He's 10 yrs old, and bigger than he looks in the video... 50 lbs worth of Std Schnauzer.  Was surrendered to the Humane Society supposedly because he was wetting his crate at night.  Once well examined, it was determined that he had an ACL tear.  The rescue paid to have it repaired and he's as good as new.  His foster said he only has peed once in his crate at night, and it was her fault for not taking the water up after 8PM.  Otherwise, he's never had an indoor accident in the 6 months they've had him.  They suspect the prior owners used the crate wetting as an excuse to give him up to someone that could afford to have his knee fixed.

His real name is Baxter... Not sure why they use Morpheus on Petfinder.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/354693/download__1_-312340.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/354693/download-312341.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii4Iq5gL5Fg
View Quote
Thats a good looking Dog!!!

I think every house needs a pair of Dogs...
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#23]
The foster parents just got him groomed today.  Here's a quick photo they sent, with the promise to send more tonight.  Asked why he appears to have been licking his left front leg...Might have some grass allergies (common with the breed).  Might just be wet from the groomers yet.  Adoption fee for this guy is $400.

*ETA*  She replied, said he's probably been dipping his front feet in their pond to get a drink... A favorite drinking hole for him.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thats a good looking Dog!!!

I think every house needs a pair of Dogs...
View Quote
A pair might be a bit much for me.  Feel free to stop by Sunday, Scott, and meet Baxter.  Just call when you're on the way, I have no plans aside from picking him up Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

A pair might be a bit much for me.  Feel free to stop by Sunday, Scott, and meet Baxter.  Just call when you're on the way, I have no plans aside from picking him up Saturday.
View Quote
I'll see what the old lady's got planned for the weekend and if she not got us booked, I'll stop by (I'll txt before I leave.)

Sat, I have a Chimney guy coming out to clean and inspect the Chimney from the basement up and giving me a report of things that need done to get it in working order for this winter...  We're going to try to use some wood heat and see how much it cuts the electric bill.  These old school electric radiator deals are a bit costly when it gets down in the LowLows...

If all goes well, I'll be looking for a good firewood supplier... and building a carport deal to store it under, so it seasons well and stays dry..
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'll see what the old lady's got planned for the weekend and if she not got us booked, I'll stop by (I'll txt before I leave.)

Sat, I have a Chimney guy coming out to clean and inspect the Chimney from the basement up and giving me a report of things that need done to get it in working order for this winter...  We're going to try to use some wood heat and see how much it cuts the electric bill.  These old school electric radiator deals are a bit costly when it gets down in the LowLows...

If all goes well, I'll be looking for a good firewood supplier... and building a carport deal to store it under, so it seasons well and stays dry..
View Quote
As cheap as you can get carports installed these days, I wouldn't waste time doing it yourself.

I just finished the prep on the mill.  It gets primed tomorrow, and paint Friday.  It'll look good for the dog and you, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top