Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 12:37:33 PM EDT
I'm taking two of my sons to a Boy Scout event in Eastern Illinois by Champaign. The bulk of the route through Ill. is on I-70.

What's the best route to avoid shenanigans?

Would normally take I-44 to 55 crossing the Poplar street bridge, but that's closed already for construction or forever, not sure what the replacement would be.

Also considering the shit-disturbers are out there I question whether northbound 270 through Alton (Northerly route near the Ferguson messes), is a wise choice.

Seems like south 270 to 255 and back up to 70 on the East side is the best way through.

Any professional or local opinions on this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
270 South.

Just to stay away.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep 270 South and go across the JB Bridge.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
270 South.

Just to stay away.
View Quote
This is the right answer if you want to completely avoid the AO.

Unless of course it expands.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You're going North from West county?

270 North to 55 north.  You will be 100% fine if you get your ass out there before dark

Edit: if you are near I-44 where it makes more sense to take 44 you aren't in West county son ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top