Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2017 12:34:21 PM EDT
I was coming home from vacation and saw bridge work at the Faucett exit.  The roadway over I-29 has been removed.  That is the way I usually go.

ETA The purpose of this post was to warn anyone coming north to select another route.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
On the range website it says special use permit required sort of misleading as it may be referring to use by groups for reservations......I went out there once but no one bothered me.  Saw 2 other shooters.  

Anyone know if this is necessary?  thanks!

AtotheR
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The special use range is the small range up the gravel road past the shotgun and archery areas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beware the muzzle sweeping FUDDS!!!!
View Quote
Yeah I was reading the other post about the FUDDS and saw folks have problems with retards not respecting range safety.  That would piss me off and quick but its way more laid back than LC range so figure I will head out there soon.  Nearly finished on my .308 build and just got a pistol kit but it ought to be a while before I get time to work on the lower....

Thanks for the quick response!

AtotheR
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, I haven't been up to The Hill in well over a decade.  In fact, last time I was there was for a carbine class held on that 'special purpose' range.

...in fact I haven't been to any of the public ranges in over a decade.  Just not worth the safety risks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top