Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2017 12:16:58 AM EDT
So, the yard on the house I purchased is a good example of every fricken weed and undesirable plant in Missouri.  You name it, I've got it, in spades.

I don't know that the yard can be saved, so I'm wanting to just till it under and start anew...

Probably about 9500 sq feet of yard when the house/drive is calculated in (1/4 acre total).

Looking for a company who would be willing to do the work.  Till, pulverize, level, seed, straw.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Smullens buddy works in the landscaping field. He might be able to hook you up. I can't think of his screen name at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smullens buddy works in the landscaping field. He might be able to hook you up. I can't think of his screen name at the moment.
View Quote
I called Scott before posting...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's Spearfisher or John, but he lives up in St. Louis till...  With all the travel, I don't think he could give a competitive bid vs. some local guys...

I can't vouch for them myself, but there is a local guy down here that seems pretty well known and thought of that runs a Company called Seeding Solutions... 
I just saw one of his trucks drive by and it made me think of this...

Might try giving him a call or checking out his web page...
(573) 783-1742

www.seedingsolutionslawncare.net

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's Spearfisher or John, but he lives up in St. Louis till...  With all the travel, I don't think he could give a competitive bid vs. some local guys...

I can't vouch for them myself, but there is a local guy down here that seems pretty well known and thought of that runs a Company called Seeding Solutions... 

(573) 783-1742

View Quote
Sent them an e-mail, thanks.  Wonder why they didn't show up on my Google search.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sent them an e-mail, thanks.  Wonder why they didn't show up on my Google search.
View Quote
Holy crap, they actually replied, on a Saturday no less.  Thanks for the tip!  Let's hope it pans out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy crap, they actually replied, on a Saturday no less.  Thanks for the tip!  Let's hope it pans out.
View Quote
Thats pretty cool...  I was actually going to reply and say No  one down here uses email, especially not on the weekend...  I stand Corrected, it would seem... :)

Well, I hope it pans out. Like I said, I can't vouch for him myself, but I hear good things from other locals.... 

I have a few things I want done and depending on your experience, I may call for a quote...  

Let me know how he does and how he is on price...  I'm wanting some landscape timber borders ripped out, and replaced with Keystone or some type of Brick, Weed Barrier put down and some decorative rock put in... 

I'll likely remove all the vegetation, old timbers, put down the barrier and just have him do the heavy lifting on the rock and stone/bricks...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

(573) 783-1742

View Quote

I have no idea about is work, but Nick is one of my customers, he is a good dude and seems to run a good business.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have no idea about is work, but Nick is one of my customers, he is a good dude and seems to run a good business.
View Quote
So you're local to Farmington too?  What do you do?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#9]
My buddy Rafi does landscaping.  He has never done any for me but he is pretty well known.  Be forewarned, he is quite the character.  http://rafislawnservice.com/
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My buddy Rafi does landscaping.  He has never done any for me but he is pretty well known.  Be forewarned, he is quite the character.  http://rafislawnservice.com/
View Quote
I called your buddy Rafi when I first moved here.  Asked him to come out and quote cutting the yard weekly, along with removing the mulch in the front yard and replacing it with nice rock.  Took him a full week to get out here.  He said $30 on yard cutting, I told him to go for it.  He said he'd be out next week.  Three weeks later he finally called and said he'd be out tomorrow.  When he said that, I told him this.  "You were supposed to be here three weeks ago.  Since you missed the first two appointments, let's not break tradition of you not showing up.  You're fired before you ever began."

I don't think much of people who can't keep their word.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate to hear that.  Like I said, I've never used his services.  I certainly won't recommend him again based on your experience.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Nick from Seeding Solutions stopped by today... He didn't know who Scott Mullen is, nor did he know what ar15.com is..

At any rate, he said he felt he'd be taking my money unjustly to till/pulverize and start over.

Said the best starting course of action, in his opinion, would be to weed/feed, and then aerate and slit seed in a month.

So, he's going to get me a quote on that.  I appreciated his honesty and candor.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am....work at the ford dealer in Fredtown.

I talked to you about ball joints a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
That Rafi. .....he's something else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top