Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2017 4:32:39 PM EDT
I thought it was suppose to be opening last Jan.  

Their website's last update is dated Jan 12th saying 'significant progress' has been made.  There is a link to a camera which is suppose to allow looking at the progress but it doesn't work.  

I've called the Con. Dept. a couple of times since Jan and neither time did the person I talk to know anything about status or expected completion date.

Anyone here know anything?  

Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I thought it was suppose to be opening last Jan.  

Their website's last update is dated Jan 12th saying 'significant progress' has been made.  There is a link to a camera which is suppose to allow looking at the progress but it doesn't work.  

I've called the Con. Dept. a couple of times since Jan and neither time did the person I talk to know anything about status or expected completion date.

Anyone here know anything?  

View Quote
F That place...

Sorry my pops and I got kicked out of there years ago for Rapid firing his Blackpower Rifle...  ...
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to know as well. It was always convenient for me to take test loads there when working on reloading... thought it was supposed to be opened by now.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
F That place...

Sorry my pops and I got kicked out of there years ago for Rapid firing his Blackpower Rifle...  ...
View Quote
I must say, that is pretty impressive!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#5]
The timeline has been quietly extended over the last year.  I remember noticing the only information on their website to change was the "months" till complete doubled with no mention of what was going on.  The last time I called the lady kind of chuckled when I asked what the status of the range was and stated "weather" had delayed the project.  Only with a tax payer funded project is a year delay acceptable....I'd guess its over budget but thats just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
The contractor is wrapping up several punch list items.  It is not my project, but I am one of the engineers assisting the project engineer on this, depending on how quickly the sub contractor of the bullet trap moves I am guessing September.

There are some building electrical issues, and like I said before some issues with the bullet trap, but it is right on the edge of being complete.

Early on in the project it took much longer to remove the lead from the soil than we were initially told, that increased the amount of time to complete it as well as significant weather delays.

As far as the camera not working, I'm not sure about what is causing that-I'm not IT, but this link works for me and both cameras are up and running.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Just called Busch and was told that the latest projection is

'near the end of the year'.  

When I asked for specifics I was told that is all they know.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Did they run out of money?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes I heard end of year too not sure about what year though.

Rapid fire black powder? You have skills
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
They have plenty of money but do seem to have run out of excuses and explanations though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
3 Years == Temporary closure
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
F That place...

I wanna know how he saw you to tell you?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
3 Years == Temporary closure
View Quote
"temporary" is a term of the art....

political art that is...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#16]
The contractor is finished with the range.  Outreach and Education are putting in all of their computers and monitoring equipment, getting all of their stuff moved in and so forth.  The grand opening is October 28 to the public.  There is a VIP reception on Friday October 27th for the commissioners and politicians, etc..
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
 There is a VIP reception on Friday October 27th for the commissioners and politicians, etc..
View Quote
Will any 1,000 hour volunteers be invited?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Will any 1,000 hour volunteers be invited?
View Quote
I don't know, I don't have anything to do with that stuff, I'm just an engineer that helped build it.  My guess is if you haven't received an invite then no.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Just leaving the pre opening ceremony. I think most everyone will be pleased with the new facility.

I must say I had an excellent time on the trap/skeet range.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
F That place...

View Quote
...and this is why I don't shoot at ranges such as this.  I Wouldn't get along well with the range nazis...
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Went to Busch range one time several years ago. Range Nazi on my ass cause I fired my FN Hi-Power to fast he thought then again for picking up and keeping my own brass. Told him to go suck on a lemon. Then he had the nerve to ask me if I would let him fire my Hi-Power. Gathered up my stuff and left to never return.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top