Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2017 9:02:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've noticed this as well...

I haven't placed orders to them for over a year.  Placed a couple orders recently and noticed this.   Didn't know if they were just that busy or if things had indeed changed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Midway had been doing the same shit. The last order took so long I thought it was a direct ship or they were out. I had to call them about it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Midway had been doing the same shit. The last order took so long I thought it was a direct ship or they were out. I had to call them about it.
View Quote
odd i usally get get stuff from mid-way NEXT day even with the free shipping or ground shipping
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

odd i usally get get stuff from mid-way NEXT day even with the free shipping or ground shipping
View Quote
If I have a small order they usually send it on Ups Sure post which takes an extra day to ship because they transfer if to the Postal Service. Whatever they sent my Emerson on took even longer. I think I waited a week before I called them.

The lady I talked to was nice and said I can change the order to ship how I like. When I ordered the Emerson I don't recall seeing any other option though. The past few orders have taken 2-3 days to get here to KC. Even shipping regular UPS.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if this is normal, but I just ordered from JoeBobOutfitters.com for the first time.  I placed the order Saturday the 13th at about 3:30 pm hoping the order would ship today, the 15th.  I was just going through email and found a tracking number from them with an expected delivery date of today....!  I think they're trying to give Amazon a run for fastest....  

BIG thumbs up for them!
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I typically get packages from Primary Arms (out of Texas) in one third the time as from Brownells.
View Quote
I made an order with Brownell's on Saturday as well.  it shipped today, but is showing a delivery date of this Saturday...  5 days to cover 175 miles...?  they must ship via bicycle courier.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It wasn't long ago that I'd place an order with Brownells and it would be in my mailbox in two to three days.

Now they don't even ship it in three to five days
View Quote
My Saturday order shipped Monday, But so far it's went from the FedEx location in Ottumwa, IA to Chicago to Lenexa.  Has an estimated delivery of next Monday...

...and the JoeBob order I bragged about earlier in this thread; it shipped within an hour of my order on Saturday with a delivery date of Monday, but has yet to arrive.  It was scanned twice at the Kansas City, MO location. Then it went to the Kansas City, KS location.  Where it has just been sitting...

[cry baby voice]

I just want my new toy....  

[/cry baby voice]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've had a package show sitting at the KCK US Mail facility and NEVER leave.
View Quote
Thanks,,, I'm gonna go cry now...  

I was hoping to have everything here to assemble and play this weekend...  You know, before I loose it in a "tragic boating accident".  

i shopped Brownells, Midway, Palmetto, JoeBob Outfitters, Amazon and Target Sports to get all parts and ammo.  Have received ammo from Target Sports, Scope and mount from Amazon, Midway's stuff arrived yesterday.  Palmetto is scheduled tomorrow. JoeBob shipped within an hour of my order,,, on a Saturday (many kuddo's to them), but then USPS screwed up...  Brownells Box is going around the world to get back to MO it seams and won't be here until Monday.

So anybody got any pics of a 6.5 Grendel they care to share to tide me over until I can build my baby....?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The only time I'm going to order from Brownells anymore is if they are the only choice.

Primary Arms is rapidly becoming my "go to" supplier, they ship same day and it's HERE in two to three days from the time I place it.

Hell, Brownells won't even ship my order for DAYS! In addition, since they switched to UPS Mail Solutions, that seems to add a day or two delay in it arriving. It's pretty bad when you place an order for an item that's in stock and you don't receive it until ten days later.
View Quote
Especially when they're only about 200 miles away...  Should be here in 1-2 days.  3 days if they're slow and the shipping company is slow.

This brownells order for me is now saying it'll be here tomorrow. Shows that it is in town at the post office.

The JoeBob order that was stalled in KC, KS is now moving again.  Hopefully it'll show up as well tomorrow.

I've not ordered from Primary Arms.  I'm wanting to put different glass on another rifle and am thinking about their FFP 4-14x mildot scope.  I've read decent reviews, but am a little skeptical.  I jumped on the band wagon a few years back on bought one of the Falcon Menace scopes for a bolt 308.  It wasn't that grand, and it cost twice what the PA optic does.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I always forget about Primary Arms. They had some Black Hills ammo on sale, so I put in an order with them. If they start getting a better selection I'll be doing a lot more business with them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Brownell's has definitely become slower with shipping. Almost as slow as before the internet and we had to mail or call in orders. Seems like Midway has gotten about one day faster, at least to SW MO. The reason why surely eludes me. especially when I had a suppressor cover and rear shooting bag shipped from Cole-Tac in NH on Tuesday USPS and got it on Thursday. When I worked Tech support at Grizzly a UPS order would usually arrive to customer in 3-5 business days. when the UPS sure post system started to be used for smaller items it took 4-5 business days. There must be some sort of fiscal advantage to switch to a slower method of shipping. I like Brownells but they aren't the only dog in the hunt for quality parts.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#18]
UPDATE:

I did receive all my parts.  All orders last Saturday...  Brownells was the slowest, but was only 4 days in transit for the economy option.  All in all, was less than a week total to receive orders from all sources.  

I remember when it took a week for them to get my order form in the mail and another week to two weeks to get my parts......  They still stick these forms in the packages to order from the catalog...

Now,,, to order a charging handle (who forgets to order charging handles when building a rifle...).  
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I decided to jump on the Brownells M&P Shield bandwagon. Ordered a few mags as well. Can't remember when I placed the order, Tuesday or Wednesday. Mags arrived today. Gun hasn't shipped yet. They said my dealer hasn't emailed them his FFL yet. He has twice. It will be interesting to see what happens Monday.

ETA: Gun shipped today!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a package that is MIA from them for about 3 1/2 weeks, talked to a few people all were unprofessional, unhelpful or clueless. Got tired of the runaround and took it up with the CC company. I don't ask for a lot but after dealing with their customer service, I will never be back.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Last order from the took almost two weeks. They really have gone down hill... WTF?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I had 2 packages shipped by fed ex a couple weeks ago. Both had very odd expected by dates. One was almost 2 weeks. Both showed up within a week. Their tracking info didn't update either. I checked every day and it said picked up, no more info. Then the day they got delivered, it updated all the tracking info. Something is going on with their system.

Also my last Midway package took over a week.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top