Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 12:19:57 PM EDT
I'm thinking that the price is right for that club, and even though it's a far drive for me I'm thinking for the amount of shooting I've been doing lately (not much) that it's better to pay less and travel further to shoot, especially since the club has a 550 yard range, which is 450 yards more than Arnold for a lot less money, and with the goings on at Arnold with their neighbors, I think that club's days are numbered, sadly.  

I don't want to buy a membership without seeing the place, but the only day I have off work for the foreseeable future is Sunday.  If there is anyone planning on going shooting tomorrow who wouldn't mind me tagging along, I'd be very grateful.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
BeltfedMGs is a member there. Not inviting your for him of course just saying.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Beltfed, that's who it was.  I had forgotten who I knew that was a member there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Check their website for a shoot on Sat. or Sun. Thats when I joined, looked over the range, talked to one of the officers of the club and signed up www.owensvillegunclub.org
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
NWTF Benefit Sporting Clays Shoot,  Sunday Sept 19...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I just looked at the website.  Full auto and .50 BMG not permitted.  

lame
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What was Groucho's line about not wanting to belong to any club that have him as a member?  

Hey, I resemble that remark.  

I may have to go on out Sunday and take a look around.  I'll be sure to bring my wallet to join up.  Wonder if they'll be signing up new members?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I joined last winter. I've only been there once. It's not bad and you can do 500 yards. It was pretty buggy and sort of weedy out by the long stands when I was there. They have chicken wire wrapped around metal posts for target stands. I had some wire ties (zip ties) with me so it was easy to attach cardboard to the stands.

I didn't care fore their benches. Seemed like they were at a weird height and not comfortable to sit at as I recall.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What was Groucho's line about not wanting to belong to any club that have him as a member?  

Hey, I resemble that remark.  

I may have to go on out Sunday and take a look around.  I'll be sure to bring my wallet to join up.  Wonder if they'll be signing up new members?

There wasn't anyone official there the one time I went. The gate is open and you help yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top