Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2010 5:04:03 PM EDT
I'm trying to get a 22 barrel insert threaded so I can put a Walther P22 thread adapter on it for a supressor. I tried Otto, he doesn't have the die he needs to do it, so he would charge me more than it's worth to me to get it done. Any other recomendations?
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]

I already have the thread adapter, I need the barel threaded for the thread adapter because it's too thin for 1/2X28 threading.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 2:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
So why are we threading for an adapter instead of just threading for the proper thread? the Barrel is that small?

shouldn't need a die to do the threading, should be indicating it true in a 4 jaw and singlepoint threaded.

What are we trying to thread?
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm trying to get a 22 barrel insert threaded so I can put a Walther P22 thread adapter on it for a supressor. I tried Otto, he doesn't have the die he needs to do it, so he would charge me more than it's worth to me to get it done. Any other recomendations?

C&S Metal Works, I think he charges like 75.00 for a basic threading....  You'll have to go out there and see for sure...

Best guy I know to go to for Barrel work or any metal work like that...
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So why are we threading for an adapter instead of just threading for the proper thread? the Barrel is that small?

shouldn't need a die to do the threading, should be indicating it true in a 4 jaw and singlepoint threaded.

What are we trying to thread?

I'm trying to thread a barrel insert. The insert takes M-11/9 from 9mm, to 22lr. The insert is longer than the orriginal 9mm barrel. The portion that sticks out past the 9m barrel isn't thick enough to thread 1/2X28. So I'm looking to thread it so I can put a P22 thread adapter on it. Then I can use my outback II on it. I can't thread the 9mm part of the barrel because it will build preassure inside the supressor, and between the barrels (this is what the manufacturer of the 22 barrel told me).

It's for this:

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally got it done. Mike at US Machinegun did it:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top