Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 7:14:15 PM EDT
Wow, nice long subject line there but I wanted to get this out. For anyone who is interested there will be two matches next weekend (Apr 2nd) The first will be a CMP Garand match and the second will be a NRA sanctioned highpower bolt/carbine match.
The Garand match is for US issue service rifles, M1 Garand, M1903, M1903A3, M1941 Johnson, M1 Carbine, M1917 Enfield and maybe some others but those are the usual.
The second match (If it is like the one two years ago) is for any and all bolt action service rifles of any nationality. Yes, you can bring your swede M96, Swiss K31 or Finnish M39 and of course M1903s are always welcome.
I will do my damnedest to be there for both matches, Danish (VAR) garand in the first and probably M1903A3 in the second.
Apr 3rd I will be icing my shoulder after firing 100 rds of 30.06 the day before.

Oops, linky....
www.shootingstl.com/schedule.htm
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been looking for a club around STL where I can get a M1 from the CMP program and do some competitions!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have been looking for a club around STL where I can get a M1 from the CMP program and do some competitions!

You wanna CMP Garand? Well if you have anny questions on how to get one feel free to ask, I have three garands, a 1903A3 and a mossberg m44. BTW benchrest is a CMP affiliated club and does qualify you for CMP rifles, shooting in the upcoming match will satisfy the shooting requirement. If you do want to shoot and need a rifle let me know, you can use one of mine.

Anyone else interested?????
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a few Mosins that I feel pretty confident with, but I am sure I will still be left in the dust by other shooters.

I will have to take the time to read over the web-site link you posted before I ask anymore questions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
It loosk as though I won't be able to attend this weekeknd...

Do you have any more matches like this one coming up any time soon?

One more question... I have a newly made leather cheekrest for my Mosin 91/30. Would I be able to use it even though its not original?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Too bad about you not being able to try it this weekend, I really enjoy the matches myself and think many others would too. As for the cheekpiece, I don't know. I think the rifle have to be as issued or at least close to it, the standards are rather relaxed since this is a fun shoot and not anywhere near as serious as the highpower matches.
I will tell y'all how I did when I get back from the match, well, as long os I didn't do too bad that is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top