Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 7:25:34 PM EDT
The Mrs. and I will be in Columbia for the night tomorrow night and I'd like to take her to a nice restaurant there.  Don't want to go to a shirt and tie type place, but some sort of casual dining experience would be nice.

I went to a nice restaurant there one time on the north side of I-70 that had like aquariums and stuff, was a steak and seafood type place, but can't remember the name of it.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Had our work Christmas party here.  Food was excellent.  I ate Japeno (fish soup) and it was yummy.

Trattoria Strada Nova
21 North 9th Street
Columbia, Missouri 65201-4845 ph: 573.442.8992

You'll find that Trattoria Strada Nova dishes up an Italian fare where people frequently get steaks. Expect the average entrée to cost for the most part in the range of $12 to $20, and dress casual.

More Reasons to Go: There is background music while you dine.

Eating & Drinking: Open for lunch and dinner.

Details to Note: Reservations are not accepted. Carryout is available.

Ways to Pay: Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover

Also heard good things about Q's Chinese Restaurant (South side of Columbia)...

Q's Chinese Restaurant
4004 Peach Ct
Columbia, MO 65203-3800  View Map
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Chipotle!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:02:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Everetts (steak & seafood)@ the rangeline exit if good. little high, but you get what ya pay for. My new favorite place it HOOTERS. Maccaroni grill (Italian) on Stadium by the mall is good as well. Murry's just off Greenmeadows & Providence is a great Jazz resturant if ya can find it. Chilli's or Applebee's near the 70 & 63 interchange is another choice.

Hope it helps
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys,

Thanks for the input, I believe that Everett's is the place that I was thinking of off of Rangeline.

But .. . . due to unforseen circumstances, we are hope as our trip to Columbia was cut short.

We were in an accident recently where our mini-van was T-boned on the driver's side wheel and the tie-rod was broken.  Long story short after THREE trips back to the body shop and Ford dealership this thing is supposed to be fixed.  Now, cue to this morning at about 11:00 am.  I have just driven 3.5 hrs from our home to Columbia at 70 miles per hour.  I take the exit to our hotel and literally, as I pull into the hotel parking lot THE FREAKIN' TIE-ROD END BREAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If any of you know anything about auto mechanics, you know that could have been fatal.

As a matter of fact, 4 years ago on Super Bowl Sunday, my wife, an LEO, worked a fatality accident where an 8 year old girl died from an accident when an opposing vehicle's tie-rod end breaks sending that vehicle into the girl's parent's vehicle killing her.

Needless to say, I was very, very shook up.  Thank goodness that my Mom and Dad were following us in their Ford Super Duty, so I rented an auto transport trailer from U-Haul and hired a local towing service to place my van on the trailer so that I could haul it home.

Don't know how many religious folks we have on here, but I KNOW that the Lord was watching over my wife and I this morning and I'm very thankful for that.

Just a little story for you guys and thanks again for the restaurant advice.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Anyone eaten @ the Sycamore downtown before?

Jeff

No, but I'm interested as well, that building used to be the bar I drank Guiness in......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top