Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 6:33:04 PM EDT
Well, I remember the big hog hunting thread we had. And I'm not sure if it ever transpired or not. But, I do have a chance to go hog hunting by Ft. Leanord Monday.

My only question is this. Are HiCap mags legal to use on pests? I know, did a google search and found nothing. So your input would be appreciated. .

Anyway, hope to see one for sure. If so, I will post pics of both the hog, and hog punisher .
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Any firearm/weapon firing anything you care to fire at them and you don't even need a hunting license to get one. Go to the Missouri dept. of Conservation home page and search for feral hogs for more info.
Good luck and make sure to post picts!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Hunting with centerfire rifles or pistols is not allowed on Post.  Most hog hunters prefer shotguns with slugs or .22-magnum rimfire rifles that allow multiple shots.  Other possible weapons for on Post use include muzzleloaders and archery equipment.  

This is copied form the following link.

http://www.wood.army.mil/dpwenv/Natural%20Resources/Hunting/FLW%20HogHunting.htm
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
ShamusMcOI,  I just now noticed that you were going hunting "by" Ft. Wood.  Sorry for jumping the gun on the Fort rules.   As far as other public or private land I think any method is fair game.

http://www.mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2004/11/50.htm
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Any firearm/weapon firing anything you care to fire at them and you don't even need a hunting license to get one. Go to the Missouri dept. of Conservation home page and search for feral hogs for more info.
Good luck and make sure to post picts!!

From MO Dept. of Conservation webpage.

Feral hogs may be taken in any number throughout the year. During most of the year, no permit is required and any method (sounds like you're probably good to go, I would still call though), including baiting and the use of dogs, is allowed. However, special restrictions apply during the fall firearms deer and turkey hunting seasons.
 Just to keep everyone nice and legal.  (You have to have an unfilled deer/turkey tag on you during these seasons.)

Note: Resident landowners and lessees on their land are not required to have any permit, and they may use any method or means to take feral hogs throughout the year, including during all portions of the firearms deer and turkey hunting seasons.

Good luck and let's see those pics when you get one.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
ANY means except MG's. I already called and asked Conservation and was told several times by several different agents NO MG'S for taking any animal in the state, even if not a game animal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
NUTS read this Tues......on vacaton, have ammo and time
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
A lady just tore up her car yesterday hitting a big ferral hog. Their here just good at hiding, but not so good at playin chicken with cars.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Just read the paper and there has been 2 confirmed kills since feb here by my house. They are gettin thick from what it says and they reproduce FAST!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
If the ther is such a large population by your place.....where are ya? I am in St.Louis,but would like to try piggies
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If the ther is such a large population by your place.....where are ya? I am in St.Louis,but would like to try piggies

Indeed.  I have a FAL that needs to kill something......  Badly  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Im 1 hr 30 mins west of St Louis in bland. Have several hundred acres but havent seen them on the property yet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is a Great place to do some hog hunting in central MO.. Family of mine and really great accomodations!!!  Give them a ring!!!.

This is Jeff, one of Bob's friends, just waiting on my registration to AR15.com.....

www.cedarridgehunting.com/home.htm
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
We are going to www.huntingwithjeff.com.  Regular cost is $600 and includes 2 hogs, 1 aoudad sheep and is a 2 night, 3 day hunt with lodging, meals maid service and guide (tip and license not included).  This is on a 25,000 acre rance in southern TX.  They have processing on site @ $0.40 per pound or $40, whichever is higher.  The only downside is the travel down there.  I was able to get plane tickets for $212 round trip on United.  We will definently be posting pictures.

Jeff

Hmm...  sounds interesting...
I will have to look into this.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We are going to www.huntingwithjeff.com.  Regular cost is $600 and includes 2 hogs, 1 aoudad sheep and is a 2 night, 3 day hunt with lodging, meals maid service and guide (tip and license not included).  This is on a 25,000 acre rance in southern TX.  They have processing on site @ $0.40 per pound or $40, whichever is higher.  The only downside is the travel down there.  I was able to get plane tickets for $212 round trip on United.  We will definently be posting pictures.

Jeff

Hmm...  sounds interesting...
I will have to look into this.

Me too.  Trying t ofind a place with a real population here in MO seems to be really difficult at best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top