Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 9:20:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
VERY COOL!!!

For the team shoot do all members of the team need to be signed up for individual shoot as well?  My brother and Dad would probably do team but might not want to shoot individually.  

Justin
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry, but I've been away from shooting matches for about a decade.  What exactly does one get for the $185 entry fee?  When I last went to matches, $20 was a typical entry fee for USPSA 3-gun matches and ~$50-60 for "special" all-day, all-rifle or all-shotgun matches including trophys.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ahh, gotcha.  A fat prize table.  Very cool.  

Hmm, too bad I haven't yet rebuilt my collection to its pre-housefire grandeur or I might have to enter the Heavy Metal class.  BTW, why no buckshot and why doesn't 10mm count as "heavy metal"?

I may just have to come & watch anyway.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting... Any MoDCC fellers interested in forming a team?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#6]
GaryM do you live around KC?  Maybe we can meet up and shoot some before then and figure out if we can find a third for a team!

Justin
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Its posted on the rules... but open means you can have optics and modifications.  Tactical Optic is open sights except rifle, tatical iron is all iron sights, heavy metal is 308 single stack 45 and a pump.

Someone will correct me if that is inaccurate I'm sure.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
On the sign up page you choose a class... I'm guessing you can choose as many classes as you want to pay for :)  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
GaryM do you live around KC?  Maybe we can meet up and shoot some before then and figure out if we can find a third for a team!

Justin

Sorry, opposite side of the state. I am in Arnold, just south of St. Louis...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd play with y'all, but I'm about a decade out of practice since I discovered an even more expensive and addictive hobby, auto racing.    Prior to that I used to play 3-gun (4-gun if you count long range boltguns) several times a month with local clubs and earned many, many trophies doing so.

That, and I'm still trying to rebuild my collection after a house fire.  It's hell when every holster, belt, ammo box and spare magazine you used to own is now all sitting ruined in a landfill somewhere.  Now I have toys for which I have no accessories, including ammo.

Pray for me brothers.

But I am thinking about coming out to watch the match for a day that weekend, just to say howdy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone here plan on participating?

Will the shotgun stage utilize slugs as well as shot?

And did anyone see ammo specifications as far as recommended bullet type?

Does anyone know of any other 3 gun events in the midwest?

I've wanted to try this for awhile and didn't want to drive 12 hours just to try it out so I'm pretty pumped.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Does anyone here plan on participating?

Will the shotgun stage utilize slugs as well as shot?

And did anyone see ammo specifications as far as recommended bullet type?

Does anyone know of any other 3 gun events in the midwest?

I've wanted to try this for awhile and didn't want to drive 12 hours just to try it out so I'm pretty pumped.

Justin

Im deiciding if I want to shoot or not.

But I will difinatly be there, I gives my a excuss to use all of these free meal passes at Mizzou.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Question about the rules.....If I shot Heavy metal class.......is it ok to shoot a double stack kimber 45, but only load mags to 8 rds?    also my mags are 140mm, not that is matters with only 8rds in them.....

thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Piling on the questions here but most of the 3 gun matches seem to use a power factor to determine calibers allowed.  I think its usually Caliber * Velocity/1000 = Power Factor.  Is this the method you are using CMMG?  Or is it 9mm + by caliber.  I'm thinking of either shooting a 7.62 by 25 or a .357 sig if they're allowable.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Yup I've got the rules already.  

4.2 Pistol/revolver ammunition shall be 9x19 or larger

The following is from http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/3gun.html

"What is a power factor?
Power factor is a number derived by multiplying the weight of the bullet in grains by the velocity in feet per second and dividing the result by 1,000. For example, a 9mm 115 grain bullet at a velocity of 1,150 feet per second works out thus: 115 x 1,150 = 132,250 132,250 / 1,000 = 132.25 power factor A minimum power factor requirement of 125 means that any handgun ammunition that does not meet the minimum of 125 will not be allowed to shoot for score."

Since I know there are a large number of 3 gun matches that use this formula I was wondering if the CMMG match would.  (Mainly I'm considering a 357 sig or another pistol purchase.  But I'd feel really silly with a new pistol that I can't shoot in the match.

Justin
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#20]
If the scoring is neutralized targets......power factor is a mute point........
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I believe it is neutralized targets and time to do so. So I also believe that power factor has a part in recoil. And managing recoil takes time to bring the muzzle back down and reaquire the target or move on to the next target is time, which is a factor of this game.

Am I barking up the right  tree tonight guys?hy.gif

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Max-Paul you have a point......I am just going by the other major national matches that use the same rules.....IE  RM3G/SSM3G etc.......as the way the rules are here...power factor is only plays in Heavy Metal Class as stated.     But since I have shot these other major matches...they don't care about power factor, nor it states it in the rules.....but you better be able to knock the steel over with your pistol......hint hint.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#23]
So basically the "9mm and larger" should be "9mm and more powerful"  I.E. Knock down power as a .380 or .25 wouldn't knock down a steel target.  Where as the matches that go by power factor are trying to keep all users on a similar recoil/recovery time playing field hence the major and minor considerations.

Bottom line a 357 sig would be suitable (I think) as it uses a .355 diameter bullet same as a 9mm.  I've decided to get something new and leave the CZ and Tok at home just cause 8rounds seems to be a big disadvantage on the reloads.  

If you guys haven't noticed I'm excited about this thing.  I don't think I've ever been so excited to get my pants beat before :)

Justin
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Helmut, I was just applying some possible (?) logic. I have never done a 3 gun comp. And it does not look like I will this time either. Saturday is booked, but dang if I am going to miss Sunday. I want to come out and scope out the action and maybe if this is done again, I will try it out.

Justin, I too am excited about this so I can understand how you feel. I am just jelious that you are going to give it a run for its money. Best wishes to you and hope you are better than you think you are.

Cant wait till I get my garage cleaned up and it warms up. Got lots of brass to prep and then to develop a load for my like new AR-15. Dang have had it for about 16 months and have only had time to take it out for 2 trips to the range. MORES THE PITY!!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top