Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 8:12:13 AM EDT
I don't know how many of you have been following this deal where 3 Il. State Police had in there homes SMG without the paper work or tax stamp. Now seems that a whole shit pot full of Police Chiefs, both active and retired are saying that their good old boys should not have to do the time (10 years) or the fines. And that if they imprission these cops. Well that would be taking off of the street those who serve and protect us sheeple.

I think that those who would free these cops and not put them in jail should also be imprissioned for comspearicy (SP?).

Where else but in america where those who exicute the law are above the law.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There is also a doctor involved in this. Notice how the police don't mention him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a pretty messed up situation, between this fiasco and the DQ Dropper officer it makes L.E. look pretty bad.  I can't be too surprised by the department head's reaction though.  The "brotherhood" of law enforcement usually take helping/defending each other pretty seriously, sometimes for the wrong reasons.  Incidently I'm pretty sure the only crime commited with a licensed machine gun was an Ohio police officer in the 80s shooting an informant.

A few bad apples it all it takes.

Justin
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Surprised? not me. It is just another example of the "blue wall" and an example of why police-peasant relations are so bad in this country now days.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Justin, I agree with the few bad apples. But lets not forget what Harry would say "Call an ace an ace, and a spade a spade". Its just a shame that an orange is an apple now days.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a new article in the St. Louis Post-Disgrace about this today.

Link to online STL Today article

I'm a relative newbie when it comes to EBRs, but there's a few things in there that look flat-out wrong to me.  What say you?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Since police officers should easily pass background checks, the crime looks like a mere oversight.

"If that's what happened, it's a lapse in judgment," said John Shanks, director of law enforcement relations for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, of the registration process.

God I hate the press turds they find to write this drivel. If I had an unregistered MG in my possesion the fear dripping labels they could find to attach to me would be too numerous to name.

Possible terrorist, madman, miltia type, arsenal, high-powered death machines, etc....
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Wow.  The author of that Stl. Today article is very, very confused about the law.

Duke, you can represent me if I need an attorney. Pro Bono of course or is that Sonny Bono?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Surprised? not me. It is just another example of the "blue wall" and an example of why police-peasant relations are so bad in this country now days.

+1 million!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Now in today's paper, the lawyer for one of them says the m4-m16 was Ill state police property from his job....but he said he bought it from a friend awhile back????????
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Now in today's paper, the lawyer for one of them says the m4-m16 was Ill state police his

If nothing else, can we say tax evation? And the way IRS likes to heap on fines, this ought to bankrupt the criminal (see Il. State trooper).

Disclamier: It does not matter to me if you dress in blue and have a badge or bib overalls. If you do an illegal act and get caught. You are subjected to the same penities as any other person. The law is suppose to be blind to whom it is being applied to. But I am sure Nukem knows better, right Duke?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since police officers should easily pass background checks, the crime looks like a mere oversight.

"If that's what happened, it's a lapse in judgment," said John Shanks, director of law enforcement relations for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, of the registration process.

God I hate the press turds they find to write this drivel. If I had an unregistered MG in my possesion the fear dripping labels they could find to attach to me would be too numerous to name.

Possible terrorist, madman, miltia type, arsenal, high-powered death machines, etc....

Don't worry Gruntled, since you can easily pass a background check, charging you with possession of an unregistered machinegun would proably just be a mere oversight.  The newspaper says so, it must be true.

Well, I suppose.  Only as long as it's an M4 "sub-machine gun" and it's not mounted to a fixed "machine gun mount" where real machine guns must be placed.  

I'll hold my breath as they appologise for me after the ATF burns my house down and sends me to federal prison.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]
this is the main reason were going have another big blow up in this country, civil war 2.  were forsaking 200 years of history, we Mize well become a feudal system again.  to many of the politicians and the rich already believe that there above the law. the cops are becoming the royal guard for the elite.

i am not saying cops are bad, i know many a cop, but it all comes down to one thing. the letter of the law!

the law is there for a purpose not to be kicked aside for ever Tom, Dick or Harry when the seem fit.

i mean heck if were going back to a class system....well shame, it doesn't work in other countries why should it work here. but its happing. this is a dangerous precedent that were losing ground fast.

Ronald
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#15]
And remember, no one is watching these boards, except us. No one is keeping track of all the times we mention what types or firearms we have, how much ammo, where and how we keep them, or any other of that type of information. I mean, we are law abiding citizens so why would they? We follow the law so they need not even care what we say here. Right?

right......?

right.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Marsh... I mean METALMAN
I'll send you a new roll of tin foil...
Are the black helicopters circling your place now too?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOM!!!!!

HHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!

OMG I just shit my bug out bag!!!!!

Can you feel the sarcasm!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
And remember, no one is watching these boards, except us. No one is keeping track of all the times we mention what types or firearms we have, how much ammo, where and how we keep them, or any other of that type of information. I mean, we are law abiding citizens so why would they? We follow the law so they need not even care what we say here. Right?

right......?

right.....

Aw, what the hell. I am already on so many of their lists I am not too concerned if I make another one or not. To be honest with you I am sure I am already on the second round of arrest when the SHTF list already, might as well try for first round!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top