Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:08:08 PM EDT
Greetings all,

I live in St Louis, and I used to belong to the Caseyville Rifle and Pistol Club, in Illinois.  

I am looking for a St Louis shooting range, which also has a plinking area.  

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm.. not looking real good for you there P7cat. There are a few dept. of Cons. ranges around and a few private indoor ones but not much for just plinking. Sad to say it but your best bet is way out in warren country at Reifschneider. It is a ummanned Dept. of Cons. range and officially you can only shoot  at paper and it has to be posted on the stands but, well, drop in there and you will see what I mean. Other than that  there is always Mark Twain National forest. Target shooting is allowed and it is a huge place. just  be damn sure of where you are and where everything else is before opening up. Contact the Potosi Ranger Dsitrict office for more info on this one.
Other than that read the post torward the top of the listings on the missouri hometown board listing ranges. Lots of good info there.
Good luck and have fun!
Oh, and be sure to come join us in one of our organized MoDCC/CMMG shoots, you can read about them on the board here quite often.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
hmm.. not looking real good for you there P7cat. There are a few dept. of Cons. ranges around and a few private indoor ones but not much for just plinking. Sad to say it but your best bet is way out in warren country at Reifschneider. It is a ummanned Dept. of Cons. range and officially you can only shoot  at paper and it has to be posted on the stands but, well, drop in there and you will see what I mean. Other than that  there is always Mark Twain National forest. Target shooting is allowed and it is a huge place. just  be damn sure of where you are and where everything else is before opening up. Contact the Potosi Ranger Dsitrict office for more info on this one.
Other than that read the post torward the top of the listings on the missouri hometown board listing ranges. Lots of good info there.
Good luck and have fun!
Oh, and be sure to come join us in one of our organized MoDCC/CMMG shoots, you can read about them on the board here quite often.

Yes we call Reifschneider the "Redneck Range".  We like to go there between MODCC shoots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top