Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 3:58:33 PM EDT
Okay, I broke down and did it. I went to the optometrist. Guess what? I have astigmatism. (That explains a lot!)

I have already discovered my reticle on the EO-Tech is a LOT sharper than it once was, but I now have to re-train my auto-pilot to keep my head up more, because the way I used to shoot put my eye above my glasses, and I got a horrible double picture. No prob, train, train, train!

My carry gun still works out just fine. No adjustment to my technique is needed. Although I plan on practicing with glasses off occasionally, just to keep challenging myself (in case glasses are knocked-off during scuffle, damaged, etc.)

Any other tips from the BTC (be-spectacled tactical crowd)?

Keep in mind, I have never worn glasses in my entire life, so this is a major adjustment for me.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty well covered that stuff. Got 2 pairs, one for sports activities, and nicer pair for general use. They fit pretty snug.  The AR didn't jostle them down yet, but when really getting on it (running and gunning) perhaps sweat will be an issue.

Never thought baout safety over-glasses. Hmm, luckily, my work will pay for prescription safety glasses, so maybe I'll have a pair just for shooting. I'll look into this.

Since I don't own a drum mag for my AK, I have little use for a ski mask (yes, i was there at RF.- that was the first shoot I attended up there. Quite a first impression... for a Lawyer).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I loved the bayonet charge and susequent destruction on the silhouette... good stuff

Yeah, you had just bought your house, and in-between-jobs, IIRC.

Still got TMNT wallpaper? :)
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a bunch of the elderly MO members in here!!!  hahahah just joking with you all.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of the elderly MO members in here!!!  hahahah just joking with you all.....

HEY!!!! I resemble that remark. Scott, after wearing glasses for most of my natural Life the best advice I can give you is to always have an extra set handy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]
well. sine this is one subject i can help with i will give my 2 cents.

what i have found out is 2 pair like every body else said.  but find a pair the fit close to your face and leaves no area for shells to get in. also find the strongest Ansi protection you can get polycarb is as low as i would go. there is some new stuff stronge but i dont know what it is called.

the best pair i have found is my Oakleys. they fit so close to the face even though the look non normal. i tried 1 pair for a long time but you get looks at work trust me.   also watch for a big recoil or scope it will star them quick if you dont watch and check them allot. after time the glue will wair and next thing you know bonk hey whats was that crap there went my left lenses.

happend me shooting my AP4. not fun.

Ronald
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
As nuch as I would like to help I can't since I got that Lasik a few years back.  But from what I can remember watch out for the scope creeping back too far and hitting your glasses, heavy recoiling guns on hot days when the swear is dripping down and the glasses like to fall off. Cold days when they love to fog up at just the wrong moment. Don't worry, you will learn all that fun stuff soon enough.

Oh yeah, forget the cheap wally world sunglasses like the above feller has on, you will need scripts now. Photochromatic lenses are the shiznit but get an extra pair with clear lenses for night time since the photograys never get completely clear.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Does any body know if that liquid shit that fills scratches on lenses really works.......i saw the commercial on tv a while back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top