Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 11:33:03 AM EDT
Just moved here from Indiana.

While I've had a permit and carried for about 12 years, I need to take a class to get my CCW here.  And more training never hurt anyone.  

Here's the deal.  I don't want to waste my time or money.  Like most folks, I don't have an overabundance of either.  Where can I get in on a GOOD class that won't break the bank.

Thanks

ETA:  And just what can I expect in a CCW class around here.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What area are you in? I can make some suggestions for the KCMO area.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can help you out if you are in the STL area.   I'm an NRA certified instructor, and my CCW course has been  accepted in quite a few MO counties including my own county of St. Louis.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you live in the KCMO area give me a e-mail or a IM.  My dad is CCW instructor and a LEO.  I'll give you some more information.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!

I'm in a town called Milan.  North-Central, near Kirksville.

Would be willing to drive if I can't find something closer.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks!

I'm in a town called Milan.  North-Central, near Kirksville.

Would be willing to drive if I can't find something closer.  

Good to see Milan represented.  It's my father's home town.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Hay wargod113 shoot me a im with some info. is your dad with kcmoPD????
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hay wargod113 shoot me a im with some info. is your dad with kcmoPD????

IM Sent
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I've taken an Intermediate/Combat Pistol course from Bill Regina out of St Joseph.  He now has a indoor range (both rifle and pistol) and has also taught the CCW classes for a while.  His info should be at www.totalrange.com

I have not taken his CCW class or had a change to visit the range yet, but I would recommend him as an instructor.

scottMO
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks Wargod113.................i have never seen your dads site!!!  Ill definatly be in contact.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't go wrong with John Ross's class( author of "Unintended Consequences" ). www.john-ross.net
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
While I've had a permit and carried for about 12 years, I need to take a class to get my CCW here.

While I am in no way trying to talk you out of obtaining a Mo CCW permit, I should not that it is not necessary for you.  MO will honor any other state's CCW permit.  Many people in the KC and STL area went out and got permits from other states when those counties refused to issue their own permits.  

I have had a permit since long before I moved to this state.  I live in St. Louis county, which is one of those that refused to issue permits for over a year after the law went into effect.  With my old (still current) permit, I was able to carry legally the second the law went into effect.  

Many states issue permits to out of state residents.  I suspect you could have Indianna update your permit to reflect your current MO address.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
thanks Wargod113.................i have never seen your dads site!!!  Ill definatly be in contact.hr

No Problem
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I took my class with Don Treece and would certainly recommend him. His website is www.missourishooter.com

I've heard nothing but good things about Bill Regina as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I have taken a couple pistol courses and my CCW class with Bill Regina.  I would highly recommend him.  

I have shot at his new range and would also recommend it.  See his web page for more details at www.totalrange.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top