Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:12:48 PM EDT
Since I'm an Okie living in MO, I don't know the particulars of why the handgun permit system came into being. I was curious if there could be a connection between the originators of the permit system and the KKK or something along those lines. Could history show that these permits were designed to give local authorities the power to deny firearms access to people that the local sheriff did not deem worthy of a firearm, ie black people? I'm pretty sure this was one of the deals in the deep south but not sure about MO. If this, in fact, could be proven through historical records or means, or the originators could be shown to have had connections with certain unscrupulous organizations, could this be used as ammunition in a fight to dissolve the permit system? If there is no connection whatsoever, this is a moot point. But, if so.....?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:11:25 PM EDT
Check out the web page of one of our local fire arms celebrities, John Ross. He has some interesting reading about this subject.
www.john-ross.net
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:45 PM EDT
I didn't see anything pertaining to this. Did I miss it?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:59:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GaryM:
Check out the web page of one of our local fire arms celebrities, John Ross. He has some interesting reading about this subject.
www.john-ross.net

+1 He also addresses it in his book Unintended Consequences

If you haven't read it, check it out sometime. It's a pretty good read.
Top Top