Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/10/2005 5:04:02 PM EDT
Well,

I braved the cold for a crack at Doe season here and I thought I had hit the mother load. Fresh snow on the ground showing tracks, cold weather to keep the attendance down, A break from the November season to maybe make the deer a little less nervous. It looked good.

The area was COVERED in trails. In and oout of thickets and crossing clearings in the brush. In the woods out of the woods, wherever, there were tracks. So I thought this was going to be a good day. Then about 5:30pm when all I had seen was a very distant tiny buck, I came to the conclusion this would not be such a good day. They clearly walk through the area but they also clearly don't do it during shooting hours. I'm wondering if I should have worked my way to a field that bordered the area instead of watching the thickets inside.

I was really shocked that they were not moving at all in the area. There were a few shots I heard today, but not anything like Novemeber. Anyone up in the KC area use Bluffwoods to hunt? Any tips on where it might be better to set up? Any pointers on Missouri deer in the December portion in general?

I like the doe season. Much less activity from hunters, and I have been seeing lots more deer moving about the last few days. I really was disappointed I came home empty . There's always next year, so it's back to paper punching for me now.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:04:06 AM EDT
No need to be disappointed, you were not the only one to come home empty handed, it happens to everyone ... I look at it like this .. A Bad day of Hunting is still Better than a Great Day at Work

you still have plenty of time to get yourself a doe... you might try finding a good place to set up just inside the timber next to one of the clearing's you found, so you can see them come in and out on the trails you found, and just keep hunting it..
if you are seeing tracks all over than they are there, you just need to sit tight and wait for one to show up, early mornings and evenings are the best time's , but anything can happen when your hunting white tails , Good Luck ... let us know how you do ..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:42:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M10KEN:
No need to be disappointed, you were not the only one to come home empty handed, it happens to everyone ... I look at it like this .. A Bad day of Hunting is still Better than a Great Day at Work

That is very true!

I'll get back at it next year. I guess if it were too easy it wouldn't be much fun!
Top Top