Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 6:27:31 PM EDT
Hey ...I know its gettin close to the holidays and all, but is anyone interested in shooting this coming weekend? I have to goto KC on Saturday, but I thought it might be fun to have an impromptu friday shoot!! I get off work at 4:00 and can be at the range at 4:10!!! Easy!!! I have 500 rounds just waitin to be burnt into somethin!!
Dammit, and Justin if you are workin in Jeff City as much as you say, we need to hook up on a more regular basis!!! I am ...what?....20 min from Jeff? Dammit!!! We need to shoot more!!!
And, ultimately, this IS a cry for help!!! I'll freakin shoot every weekend if someone says "Hey I'll go!!"
Dude!! I'm there!!
Just shootin this out to the homies!!
Marshall
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm up for it as always - Rocky Forks? Do we need to make some new steel targets since we left all other steel out at CMMG? Call me if you want to build some more stuff this week.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, i'll probably build another 10 shot structure this week, but I dont know when! I'll give you a call!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Got your IM and yes we do need to go shooting more.  No reason we can't alternate between shooting in Columbia @ Rocky Forks and Jeff City @ Scrivner.  Have to pass this time unfortunately, but I'm definitely up for like a Sat. or Sun. afternoon shoot.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
DAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT!!!!!!!!
Well I am out......DAMMIT
I have a bunch of projects i have to get done for the holidaysthat i cant get out of!!!!
As well, my mom is coming into town from Seattle for 8 days!!
I think this will be the longest I havent shot in , in I dont know how longDAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT

nascar3n8fan, the range in Jeff sounds cool! Whats it like? Will they let me set up some steel?Gimme details!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
My new tag line should read:  WORKING WEEKENDS SUX!

I do hope to meet you someday, Marshall, as well as the guys from CMMG.

I am very happy with my job, but THIS SUX!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Likewise kpel308,
It seems we are polar in our situations. I am at a job I freakin hate, but I get to go out every weekend and shoot to my hearts content.
Wish it were the other way around actually.
Marshall
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Marshall,  The range in Jeff is also a conservation range, it has a clay shooting pad, pistol range, 25yd, 50yd, and 100yd ranges with about a half dozen individual benches with canopies for each distance.  The rest is like the Rocky Forks with the metal studs and rubber pads stretched in between for stapling your targets.  It's usually not very busy down there.  As far as setting up your metal targets I dunno, we could just do it until someone told us that we couldn't do it.
Maybe you should take your mom shooting.  You know how mom's are, even if they don't like something, they're willing to do it to spend time with their kids.  We could rig up a birdman 50 bmg special for her.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah...I wish. My mom is deathly afraid of loud bangs!!! So much so, I spent every 4th of July in Canada till I was sixteen!!! She had a bad childhood experience that makes her literally jump out of her skin at loud noises. I'll just have to grin and bear not shootin fer a while. I think the next time I go I'll come to Schrivner w/ you though. Sounds fun. It'll give me some time to finish up some more reactives!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top