Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2003 2:10:46 PM EDT
Well....I didn't get to the walls....and I didn't get to as much steel as I had hoped due to an unforseen play my kids were in today...but!!
I did get 55 targets cut.

They are all 3/8" plate. Three sizes, 8", 6", and the 4" OZ specials!!! I had to take the pic before the light got away from me, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. I still have a lot more steel and much of what you see here is going to be mounted on structures where they will hang, fall, and bounce (yes bounce! I found a pile of heavy springs that a bunch of these will be mounted to! BOOING!!!)

I will as well have just a pile of straight targets that might have little brackets to hold them up on the ground so they will just fall when shot.

This is so fun!!! HEEE HEE HEEEEEE!!!

I'm gonna have another build this coming Friday after Thanksgiving. I gotta kill this wood!!! BetaMO has already freed his day up for me so again, anyone in town who wants to work and drink and smoke....COME-ON-DOWN!!!! Your the next contestant on 'Learn a new industrial skill!!"

Later
Marshall
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Kewl, ya know, it is really nice to have someone like you around. Someone who can taker care of oh so many really excellent targets...
BTW, seeing as how you can manipulate the metal and we all like to see big holes blown through heavy steel and we have another gentleman who likes to play with tannerite....
Well, let me just ask you if you have ever heard of shaped charges? I.E. the working principal behind bazookas, LAWs rockets, RPGs etc. It wouldn't be hard to build a casing and then of course set it on one of those ingh thick blocks of steel.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]
BWWWAAHHHHH------hahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!

DONE!!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!

Perhaps we should call the small targets "The January Special" after SGT Mike January ... 518 meters ... I dont think I can pull a shot like that.

Thanks!
oz
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
NO NO NO dude...these are all yours. I remember the first time I saw you at rocky forks with your jacket, eye blinder, shooting mat, and deluxe gun. These are yours!!!
Screw the false tributes...you need to pop these yourself!!!!
500 ,whatever, meters...we aren't (MODCC[maybe just me]) fighting a war...we are having fun!!!!!!! Don't make my work seem linked to a war I can't agree with!

I'm sure this will rest unevenly...but.... whatever.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh man, I am truly humbled.  I will put them to good use.  Dont mean to associate your creation to a war.  But I do admire such a fine marksmanship skill displayed by SGT January.  I wish someday I can have that level of marksmanship ability .... not shooting at another human being hopefully, just a plain numbered paper target.

Thanks again Marshall, I am truly humbled.

oz
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#6]
BTW....another thing I think we will need that I cannot foot for, is spray paint for the targets!!!
White for the 8", yellow for the 6", and red for the 'OZ' specials!!!
Again...I just have no cash...and anyway I need ammo!!! Priorities priorities!!!   If people could all get a few cans of these colors we should be good to go!!!
Thanks again!!!
Marshall
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I can get the spray paint.  I think I have a red and white already.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top