Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2003 9:43:38 AM EDT
Sorry if I'm being slow, but I'm confused.

Is the CMMG event on the 25th in place of a regular MODCC event on the 1st, or will both be taking place?

My schedule sucks now, and I am going to be insanely busy from next week until Xmas - so I want to make sure I know what's going on so I can plan ahead - and hopefully make the next shoot!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The CMMG event on the 25th is a work day to help get a range set up...

I'm sure many will bring their guns to test it out - I am...

The Oct 1st shoot was canceled at Rocky Forks range due to hunting season - hunters are showing up in ever increase numbers, so we felt it best for safty reasons...

Come join us if you can on the 25th...
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info (when you said Oct 1st, you meant Nov 1st, right?)

I'm definitely going to try, but I've got a lot on my plate.

I have a big deadline on Nov 3, with lots of stuff that I have to get done - which will have a big influence on whether I get promoted or fired in February.  I've also got two major manuscripts I have to revise and send back by early December, that will also affect whether or not they promote me or throw my ass out.  In addition to that, my teaching kicks into overdrive this week - I'll be teaching three different classes until Christmas.

Plus, now that I finally got my 1973 Mustang, there are some thing that HAVE to get done before winter - so whatever free time I can eke out will have to go towards the car as well.

Now that I'm done whining, and I know what's going on - I'll definitely TRY to make it to the CMMG event.  I don't have a lot of skills , but I can dig holes and do some welding (if that's necessary) and I can carry stuff.

If I don't show - it'll ONLY be because I'm too busy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
01NOV03 is also the dedication for the new Veterans Memorial in Woodson Terrace, and I WILL be there.  Sorry.

Anyone interested in going to shoot in STL, give me a holler, and I'll make it happen.

Thx.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
What is it with you europeans and being "busy" anyways?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He's got a point there...
When I was in Germany - the german worker only worked 4 days a week...
Every week there was some kind of catholic (or religious) holiday...
My friend said they were trying to negotiate a law to pass a (3) day work-week...

Te Gek...

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's not that I WANT to be busy  - it's just that I want to be fired even less!

Believe me, if I get tenure some day, then the word busy will not even be in my vocabulary!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top