Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 7:14:10 PM EDT
Saturday was fun, but I'm in the mood for a rip-snortin lead-slingin good time!

Running the C.O.F. is great, but 48.22 seconds on the trigger and being hassled by one of Missouri's finest left me a little cold...

I envision a day when we just go shoot the snot out of some well planned reactive targets on a parcel of private property.

I mean, 500 plus rounds each just blastin the crap out of politically incorrect representations of whatever we want!

Sorry, I just had to vent. MetalMan... you know what I mean don't ya?

Anyhow, I think we may be in for increased scrutiny and interference at our current site.

I don't have a place in mind yet, but I am working on it.

P.S. - I really liked zombie head shot theme.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree 100%.

In fact, GaryM and I were talking about the future of MODCC just prior to the shoot.

There were two key points we hit on:
1. Reactive targets,
and
2. A new, more 'permanent' location, preferably private, for the shoots.

When I was thinking of the new location, I had a couple concerns in mind.  If we had a more permanent location, we could build better barricades and keep them onsite, without having to worry about portability.  This would save Shamusmcoi the trouble of hauling all the materials back and forth, and save him the storage place at his own place.  Plus we could build more elaborate, semi-permanent barricades AND cut down on the set up time for each shoot, which equals better COF, with more trigger time...

Secondly, permit or no permit, I feel a bit bad occupying half the range (and all of the 100yd stations) one Saturday every month.  

I was worried when we first started MODCC, that the conservation folks would not like what we were doing, but after the first two shoots, and the last two Officers that stopped by, I thought we were in the clear.

Apparently I was wrong...

Anyway, we are definitely keeping our options open, and will be very appreciative of any folks that are gracious enough to allow us to shoot on their land.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE REACTIVE TARGETS...
They were the Bomb...
Thanks Metalman...

Agree with you Pitsnipe - Private Property (with owners expressed permission) is always more fun, simply because you don't have to look over your shoulder...

Jeff at CMMG has made a tentative offer to host the shoots at his place...
Since Rocky Forks is a No-Go for November...
Maybe we could provide some volunteer help for Jeff to get his "range" in order...

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]
with METALMAN on board it should be no problem to make up some "poppers".  All the store bought ones are is a base, a hinge and a plate.  THe base has a nut welded to it to adjust how much umph is need to knock the plate over.  Of course these are not safe at close range, but make a great visual and auditory feed back tool at med range (greater than 25 yards or so).  Let me know when the "work day"  is set at CMMG and I'll be happy to come, cordless drill and tools included.

Jeff D.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I can pitch in too, readily available tools include a jeep, a pick up, chainsaw, all sorts of mechanics tools, arc welder, and a semi strong back (complete with weak mind)
I do like the idea of private land. I have four acres in southern missouri but it is too far (Clearwater lake) and not well suited for a range.
Another idea that I have no idea about the feasibility of is Mark Twain National Forest.
I know the laws there permit target shooting etc. but other than that I have no idea.
Maybe if anyone knows a park ranger they could ask but once again I have no idea if this would be workable.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in ! Let me know what you need/want!

I might be able to get a really nice reactive setup ready for this Sunday. I need a hand to finish it if anyone in town wants to help weld/cut steel on Saturday!

No matter what I'll, get it done and try to be at the range by 10:00am on this Sunday.

and PITSNIPE....I created venting!!!!Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

METALMAN
http://www.marshallhoyt.com/funthumbs/010-t.JPG
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be willing to host some shoots at my place, just need someone(s) to come scout it out and make sure it is suitable for the COF you guys run.

Only two draw backs I can think of.

One, I  have to wait till duck season is over, I have already promised my duck hunting neighbor I would not host any shoots during this duck season. So that pretty much knocks me out of November and December. Come January I should be good to go till next fall.

Two, I am not centrally located (I am in eastern lincoln county).

Other than that I have tons of space and we have shot eveything out here from .22s to .50cals. I have dirt berms and two lockable gates on a private road.

Hammer

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Metalman,
I think Saturday is clear.  I will call you.  

MODCC, HKocher and everyone, I will help with any setup or construction.  Like most of you guys I have a wide variety of experiences, and residential construction is one of them.  Give me a date and location!

If my e-mail is on the web-site can you e-mail me from there?  

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to throw my name in to help as well.

If anyone in the KC area has access to a pickup,I can get my hands on wooden pallets and all kinds of cardboard where I work.

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
This sucks that I missed the last shoot with family stuff.  Know I'm leaving for basic in a few weeks.  Although I am excited to leave, I'm gonna miss you guys, even though I just met ya (sniff sniff).  I wish I had some acerage we could host a big shoot at.  (Envisioning mag dumps left and righ, dirt flying all over the place).  Well, hopefully I'll have some leave that will land on a shoot date.  Anyone here interested in getting together more than once a month just for some infromal plinking?  I am in ST. Louis, anyone anyone?.......
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I also I'm more than willing to putsome muscle in to setting up. I can also get my hands on pallets and cardboard if needed. I'm in the St.Louis area if anyone wants to drop me a line just email me. My only problem is that I work for The HoneyBaked Ham Co. so the next few months are kinda busy, but this is the best time for palltes and cardboard if anybody wants to stock up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:36:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
This sucks that I missed the last shoot with family stuff.  Know I'm leaving for basic in a few weeks.  Although I am excited to leave, I'm gonna miss you guys, even though I just met ya (sniff sniff).  I wish I had some acerage we could host a big shoot at.  (Envisioning mag dumps left and righ, dirt flying all over the place).  Well, hopefully I'll have some leave that will land on a shoot date.  Anyone here interested in getting together more than once a month just for some infromal plinking?  I am in ST. Louis, anyone anyone?.......

82nd...I live right by Finger Lakes and try to go every weekend if I can!!!! Let me know if you will be coming out and I'll try to be there. I  will definately be there this Sunday at 10am! I am shooting steel targets with an AK so you cant miss me!!!

Shi Huang Di....If I supply the beer can you help this Saturday? If you can it will probably be in the evening or the morning, we have family coming in for the game (its a night game) but i think working around them will be no problem!!! Call me tonight after 5pm!!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I love it when a plan GROUP comes together!

Good job, guys, and keep it comin'.

I'm so proud of you all, I could bust!

STL Crew:  I should be hearing within the next hour or so on whether I am officially going to be getting this job, and then I can plan a schedule for dinners and shoots.  Is anybody adverse to Bull's Eye on Manchester Road for the shoots?  I am also very fond of the Cancun Mexican Restaurant at Northwest Plaza for chow, and VFW Post 3944 on Midland east of Lindbergh for adult beverages.

KC Krew:  You guys sound like you're getting your Sierra together.

Columbia Crew:  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey,

I haven't been here in awhile.. I'd be willing to help setup/build/test, I've been out to CMMG to pick up a couple of lowers, so I know where they are at.

I don't understand a lot target shooting terminology and abreviations, but if it means, running around with a AR shooting at targets, it sounds like fun.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top