Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/26/2003 11:35:22 AM EDT
Being unemployed and moving away from Columbia and all has given me a chance to sit back and take stock of my life. I want to thank the Missouri crew (or militia, or whatever they want to call us this week) for being a big part of why I'm so happy right now. I flunked the bar exam, I owe a crapload of money, I have no job, yet I'm the happiest I've been in years, possibly my entire life. I've no money to speak of but I'm a rich man. A guy is lucky to find friends like you all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:32:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2003 12:51:31 PM EDT by Cutter75]
Well, Duke, I for one feel the same way as you...

You were the first person I met off of AR15.com - Missouri, and you made me feel very welcome...
having just moved here from Dallas...

I take it the town you live in doesn't have a Domino's Pizza, because you can make big bucks delivering Pizza Pies...
I used to average $2.50 a pie in tips in Dallas...

Seriously, have you found anything locally that might generate some subsistence???

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2003 1:13:24 PM EDT by tszipper]
Moving!!!! Where? No don't leave us.[>Q]

I feel your pain man, Been there. If you move near the Springfield area let me know and I will try to help you if I can.hole

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:12:24 PM EDT
snif .. snif .. this is why I dont feel like moving to Florida ... have a job offer waiting for me if I can finish up my degree by December ... but it is in Gainsville FL !! snif ... snif ... I dont know how I will do with my good friends like Duke, rmdye, chris and howlin being so far away .... anyone in MO who needs to employ a PhD in computer engineering pls let me know ...
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:00:40 PM EDT
Duke, I have only met you once (the last MoDCC shoot), but you seem like a good guy.

I also enjoyed meeting other members there as well. Everyone seems to be very nice, and I am looking foward to more MoDCC matches/get togethers to get to know people even better.

Alas, I am down here in huntin' country, and AR-ers are few and far between. It seems worth the 4 hour trip up to Columbia to be with defensive-minded folk...
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:22:34 PM EDT
Duke, we love you too... In a manly way that is, umm... you know what I mean.
I am glad I know ya dude, you definitely add interest in our get togethers and you are the only shyster... mouthpiece... lawyer I have any respect for.
If you need any help let me know, I can't do much but I can at least help a little.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:15:33 PM EDT
Mousegun87,

Are you a software guy or a hardware guy? If software IM me especially if know anything about workflow, pub/sub, and java jms. I might know of something.

==============================================
Duke - you're a lucky guy. Got a pretty girl, house in the country, digital camera, and time to clean your guns. Enjoy it while it lasts!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:42:52 PM EDT
MissouriBob,

I am mostly software, my experience is R&D in computational intelligence (fuzzy logic, neural networks, pattern recognition, data clustering, image recognition things like that) ... not the usual computer stuff. Now I understand why it is much easier to get a job with a BS degree than it is with a PhD degree. Unless, I am willing to move to Silicon Valley .... NOT!

Thanks Bob

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 10:22:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MouseGun87:
MissouriBob,

I am mostly software, my experience is R&D in computational intelligence (fuzzy logic, neural networks, pattern recognition, data clustering, image recognition things like that) ... not the usual computer stuff. Now I understand why it is much easier to get a job with a BS degree than it is with a PhD degree. Unless, I am willing to move to Silicon Valley .... NOT!

Thanks Bob

Have you tried Garmin(of GPS fame)in Lenexa KS?
They are always hireing hardware/lowlevel/embedded type programers for all their gps stuff.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:51:13 AM EDT
Thanks Bano, didn't know Garmin is in Lenexa ... will give it a shot.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 6:46:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MouseGun87:
MissouriBob,

Thanks Bob

Well, if you decide to want to give a try to the more mundane and less cool things let me know. The shop I work in does distributed computing, service oriented access, J2EE container based computing, code generation, and distributed software management for a 10,000,000 transaction a day environment. We are always looking for top end folks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:50:34 PM EDT
Bob,

thank you. I will include you in my list. I am not picky in what job I will take. Thanks again.

oz
Top Top