Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2003 8:56:02 PM EDT
Just as the subject says, what do YOU think is the best AR build around now? What lower, what upper, what trigger group, etc?

I expect to hear a lot of opinions, and I want to hear WHY you think it's best and WHY it kicks ass over the others.

- Beta
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:17:30 PM EDT
Anyone of these: Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, and Rock River Arms. For most bang for the buck I'd say Rock River. Best field & competition trigger is Rock RIver 2 stage NM trigger.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:51:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2003 7:02:51 AM EDT by rmdye]
I agree with Mouse, but i will add the D to the list and say DPMS, as long as it forged, i do not like my cast lower, but it does make a light weight rifel. i own 5 ar's one Colt, bushmaster, and 3 Dpms, 2 forged and 1 cast. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:05:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rmdye:
I agree with Mouse, but i will add the D to the list and say DPMS, as long as it forged, i do not like my cast lower, but it does make a light weight rifel. i own 5 ar's one Colt, bushmaster, and 3 Dpms, 2 forged and 1 cast. Ronald

Dang, I was hoping to narrow DOWN my choices not INCREASE them! - Beta
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:25:43 AM EDT
I agree with both Mouse & rmdye...

In fact AR15.com, in effect, endorses all of these brands as being good...

I own a Bushmaster 20" - my first AR, and a DPMS lower w/bushmaster upper M4 (that I shot at the last shoot) - BOTH are great!!!

I have a number of friends with AR15.com (Texas)that have RockRiver AR's, and they swear by them too...

Colt's, and Armalite are excellent, but are pricier than the others...

So to sum it up if "I" were to rate them -
1) Bushmaster/DPMS/RockRiver (as equals)
2) Armalite
3) Colt
This is taking Quality and price only into my considerations...

Top Top