Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 2:41:13 AM EDT
For inquiring minds...
The text is too long to paste here but this is the link to the actual bill that is now law.
What I would like to know is if military training will satisfy the requirement for handgun safety training.

www.house.state.mo.us/bills03/biltxt/truly/HB0349T.HTM

and here...
www.packing.org./state/index.jsp/missouri
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely it will not qualify...

Remember Gary, this is how they are generating money for the Sheriff's Department...

The Mandatory Training is just another form(disguise) of a Tax...

Not to mention the $100 fee for the license...

Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea of when they will start taking applications?  I also wonder how long it will take to 'process' an application?  

I took an NRA certified safety course in college, it was only 1 credit hour, but was about 1 hour a week for a whole semester, so I hope that will count, even though it was many years ago.  I just need to dig through my 'files' and find the certificate...

WOO HOO!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell, I doubt that my 40 hour firearms course will be enough for them!  Remember, Democrats had their dirty little claws on this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC from before the veto, it was either 8 or 16 hrs. training. Mainly safety, legal issues; the qual was easy (if it the same one still). 7 meters, 75% of hits on a std. B-27 silhouette (periphials count). I think in was 20 rounds to qualify, but the course had to include something like 100 rounds practice.

This is from my memory, so YMMV.

Please correct me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top