Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 3:30:07 PM EDT
Hello everyone. This will be my more than frequent posting area from now on I think. I was posting on AK47.net, but had no idea that there was a place to meet locals with my interests.

I am currently modifying the hell out of my SAR-1. I as well shoot a VZ-24, Winchester Model 94 30-30, and a bunch of 22's. Oh I have a shotgun I  shoot skeet and trap with periodically.

I am a jack  of  all trades I guess, but sculpture...metal sculpture is at my heart as you can tell by my name.

I weld/cast/fabricate and pretty much do all the work I need to on my weapons outside of boring the barrel.

I currently work for a sign company in Columbia, MO and enjoy being 100' up in the air more than you can imagine.

I like to think of myself as a monkey wrench...you will see how this unfolds as my political/religious/social views and understanding start to present themselves. I think my sister in law put it best when one day I was commenting on being an asshole. Wherein she said " Oh you're not an asshole...you just have NO tolerance for ignorance!" HAHAHAHAH!!! She hit it on the nail!!!
Enough about me, I have a really good link you all should check out.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/projects/3pt_sling/3pt_sling_howto.htm

This site is an airsoft site but tells you IN DETAIL how to build your own tactical 3 point sling.
I bought all the materials needed to make 2 slings from REI for $17!!! Compare that to $50-$80

The link below shows how to use the sling in a number of different ways, however its not the same sling. They have an added 'quick release' clasp i am dying to figgure out. They just don't post good enough pix...heh heh!!!

http://www.mfiap.com/airsoft/acce/tach_sling.htm

Anyway....I hope these links are useful to someone....oh and if you want to check out my art

www.marshallhoyt.com

Later all!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome aboard METALMAN...

Hope to see you at the next shoot, and
glad to have another local guy posting to the hometown page...

You'll probably find that most of us have twisted senses of humor - we are a fun group of people...

So you'll fit right in...

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard, sorry it has taken so long to say hi but busy busy busy here.
I hope we get to see you at one of our shoots soon.
GaryM
PS, we ain't as "different" as we seem at first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
lies, all lies

we are too as different as we seem at first

its just not a bad thing

welcome metalman
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright...so let me see if i can piss anyone off right off the bat because i never mince words and often am shunned for doing so.

I am an Agnostic-Darwinist-Misanthrope (If I have to explain ANY of those words ......I won't.)
I have ABSOLUTELY no tolerance for bigotry, ignorance, or racism. PERIOD!

I view my gun use in entirely entertainment capacities ONLY!

Technical aspects of weapons are of particular interest to me, from a metalsmith's/fabricator's standpoint.

I care nothing of the survivalist's mantra, or the conservative's misguided ability to make weapons seem as a necessity, rather than a luxury of our great nation.  Fear will never have me.

The day weapons are outlawed I will gladly (albeit sadly) melt down my guns into the art that my heart can be sated by, rather than progress into political innanities(sp) we are already engaged in in our society (USA).

Be very aware that I am an artist foremost. However...most of my art is created using processes far more violent and dangerous than ANY gun (CASTING, WELDING, FABRICATING).

I feel my attraction to guns is couched in the fact that i have had a weapon in my hand since my dad bought me my first daisy lever action BB gun when I was 7.
I have as well had gun safety PUMMELED into my brain by my father as well(thank you dad)!
I have been lucky to pursue this pyromania (sanctioned/controlled/experienced  pyromania mind you) to my aged years as such.

AND I AM GOOD AT IT!

I post this hoping to find like minded people. If I fail...I will contiuue.....trust me.

METALMAN

The beauty of death we all adore
I have no faith distracting me
I know why your prayers will never be answered

God Hates Us All; God Hates Us All
He Fuckin' hates me----SLAYER

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow....it looks like  I pissed every one off! Oh well.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
No you haven't!  BTW, I share the same attitude of censorship that your T-shirt expressed in the other thread.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
METALMAN Thanks for the links! Looks workable.headbang.gif

I too am new the Mo. Part of this site. I thank it’s good that you know what you like.
It shows that you are a “Cut and Dry” type person.

Wish there where more people like that in the Gov. HA HA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top