Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 3:44:23 PM EDT
hi there.

i am new to ar15.com & i'd like to meet some of you guys & get some help on shooting, as i'm a beginner. i see you guys have a meet set up in MO - is it possible to get an invite or ticket or whatever?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
didnt we have a "tankgirl" once along time ago?  anyway, welcome!  dont let the guys BS you too much if your a women.  at first they can be pretty retarted.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Citibria7GCBC
Get back to Texas!!

tankgirl
Naturally you are invited to the next Mid-Missouri shoot, and I doubt the guys holding the defensive carbine shoots will turn you away, either.

Fill us in on what you like to shoot, or want to try out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
hi, thanks for the ok.

I have an AR15 rifle now. I'll give most anything a try. Let's just say I'm going to be on a BIG learning curve for awhile.
I want to be able to load, shoot, & reload my rifle. Strip it down & put it together. Be able to shoot still or in motion. In short, it's going to be my new best friend. Then I want to see what else is out there to learn.

And yeah, I won't let those good ol' boys BS me. Even if they are cute retards.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife will be at the next MoDCC shoot with me, so at least you won't be the only female.

Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!

uh...when & where is it? is there a website?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife will be there as well with me, as long as I don't have to work.  But then again, if there's gonna be more women folk there Saturday, she might just show up anyway.  Just her and da boys last time
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Tankgirl, glad to have you onboard. I have a question for you but first some answer to your questions.
MoDCC is very informal, we are having a get-together (meet seems to be too formal a word here) this coming saturday. I believe it will kick off at 10am or so but feel free to show up any time you like, I am one of those who always seems to have problems with time myself.
The get-together is at Rocky Forks conservation area a few miles north of Columbia, Mo. If you need a ride we have more than a few members in the St. Louis area I am sure can help out. Heck, I will even give you a ride if ya want.
Some of us are experienced shooters, some of us are fun shooters but our shoots are mainly for fun. Don't expect world class marksmanship competitions even though a few might be capable of it. Of course all and sundry are invited to the shindig, we ain't kicked nobody out yet.
Now for the official website (Even though it is under developement now)..... hmmm... it seems to be AWOL, anyone know what happened to our website? I had it bookmarked as "http://modcc.port5.com/" but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, You are quite welcome to join us, and if you tire of your AR we always have at least a few other really kewl toys to try out.
Hope to see you there!
GaryM
BTW, Is your name tankgirl descriptive of anything? I ask because I used to be a tanker in the US Army (19E20, M60A3 Armor Crewman) Just wondering.
Also, my condolences on your loss you expressed in your other threads. Such a thing must be devastating. I wish you the strength and fortitude to get through it as best as possible.
Best wishes and hope to see you saturday!
GaryM
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My website is down???  Aw crap!  You guys need to tell me about these things!  How long has it been down?

I don't know crap about webpages, so I designed that one and put it up with the hopes of NEVER having to touch it again.  I guess technology is never that simple.  Oh well, I guess I'll try to kick it a couple of times and see if it fixes itself.

BTW, welcome tankgirl!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Tankgirl you have an IM.  

BTW come to gunstock! its a national gathering.  i think the site is www.gunstock.org
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Gary:
thanks for the information! look forward to meeting you guys. As for the name 'tankgirl', I got a big kick out of a movie by that name. Hey, I'd try a tank just for the heck of it!

Citabria7GCBC:
hey. relax. No insult taken. just giving ya back what ya gave. ;-) I want to go to gunstock - depends on how my job works out. I may be working in the big city of St. Louis soon!

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
well if you can make it to Dallas, I can drive you from there to waco where the event is. I live in houston, but i dont mind a little extra trip.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome aboard tankgirl

As GaryM stated, there are many guys in the St. Louis area that are driving to Columbia, so you could join a car pool if you want...
or simple show up to the shoot, and get to know us better, then car pool next time...

either way, we welcome you to have fun with us...

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#13]
hi tankgirl
i seem to be one of the few ladies that frequent these boards, this one especially

the boys are nice enough, but it is definitely a boys club--there is a women's forum, but it isnt used too much--if youd like to help me change that gimmie an IM or email holler

i hope to be at the shoot with my husband, shakyjake--not sure if id go it alone, though i do love my boys and they tolerate me because i feed them

i am more of a beginner than you--i dont even have my own gun--every time jake gets a new one, i try to lay claim to his .22, but like dukenukem says,
"My guns are like my children.  Each is a little different from the others, but i love them all in their own way."
right mikey??  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome aboard!

I see you are on the east side of the river.

I'm near Scott AFB. There's a lot of good palces in the area to get some trigger time. Unfortunately, most of the illinois folks exclude us southern folks. The illinois shoots are usually up in chicagoland heights. So, Missouri shoots are prolly closer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard!

I see you are on the east side of the river.

I'm near Scott AFB. There's a lot of good palces in the area to get some trigger time. Unfortunately, most of the illinois folks exclude us southern folks. The illinois shoots are usually up in chicagoland heights. So, Missouri shoots are prolly closer.

And us MO folks are friendlier too, I reckon.  Welcome aboard!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome aboard!! you will find some of the best good hearted people around. there freindly and always quick to help. your always welcome at our shoots. the more the merryer. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#17]
like dukenukem says,
"My guns are like my children. Each is a little different from the others, but i love them all in their own way."
right mikey??

Right!

Welcome to the boards Tankgirl, the Duchess Nukem wanted to make it this Saturday but family plans are interfering.  You'll find alot of bullheaded male BS on this board but there is good information about firearms and AR15s in particular, plus you can get some insight on how males think  (its not a pretty sight, I know).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top