Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2003 1:19:22 AM EDT
Hi, my name is Scott.  Looking for a fun places to shoot around St. Louis.  Somewhere I can take the AR and get more than a measly 100 yards.  Trying to kill some time before that ship date sneaks up on me in movember.  Then I get to play with the really fun toys :).  Also are there any gun shows coming up soon around St. Louis?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe there's going to be one coming up in September at the VFW on Midland where I hang out.

As far as shooting fun toys, you can rent an MP5 or an M4 at Bull's Eye on Manchester about 300m west of Kingshighway.  They even have a beltfed Browning.  The problem is that it's an indoor 25m range.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome...
If you're hear till November then you can join us at the Rocky Forks Gun Range just north of Columbia the first Saturday of each month...

Details on MODCC can be found on this forum

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard!
And since you are located in the St. L area I think I can help you out with long range shooting. How about a rifle club with 600yd ranges? Let me know and we can figure out a day to go. I have to head out there to do some long distance sighting work anyway and wouldn't mind someone else to shoot with.
BTW, Where ya going in Nov.? As for gunshows the next one I know of is Sep. 12, 13 &14. (http://www.stlweaponcollectors.com/)
Also, any luck with that AK yet?
And before I forget, You are also cordially invited to the next MoDCC meeting Sep. 12th. I am going so if you need a ride let me know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I mostly shoot at Busch's Wildlife, but it is only 100 yards. I am going to see if i can make it to the next meeting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the quick replies guys. Gary, haven't sold the Saiga yet but it should go sometime soon I hope.  Just trying to get everything squared away before I go to Fort Benning, I figure I don't have any use for excess rifles when I'll never get a chance to shoot them.  Anyway I'd like to go to that 600 yard range.  Give me a shout.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard!
And since you are located in the St. L area I think I can help you out with long range shooting. How about a rifle club with 600yd ranges? Let me know and we can figure out a day to go. I have to head out there to do some long distance sighting work anyway and wouldn't mind someone else to shoot with.
BTW, Where ya going in Nov.? As for gunshows the next one I know of is Sep. 12, 13 &14. (http://www.stlweaponcollectors.com/)
Also, any luck with that AK yet?
And before I forget, You are also cordially invited to the next MoDCC meeting Sep. 12th. I am going so if you need a ride let me know.

Gary -
You might want to replace that old 2002 calendar, cause the first Saturday is the 6th of September...

{grin}

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Ooops, September 6. Yeah, that's the ticket. That's what I really meant.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Give me a holler, and I'll go too.  Just to watch, or shoot the poop, as I don't have anything that goes .6Km yet.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
count me in for Sep the 6th too.  Just remind me guys.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#10]
So is the next MoDCC on September 6th or not?

Sorry to be slow, but I'd hate to miss this upcoming one, since I missed the last one (and I'm traveling AGAIN the week after the 6th).

It sounded like loads of fun, and I wish I could have been there.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So is the next MoDCC on September 6th or not?

Sorry to be slow, but I'd hate to miss this upcoming one, since I missed the last one (and I'm traveling AGAIN the week after the 6th).

It sounded like loads of fun, and I wish I could have been there.

Yup, the 6th it is, I am a bit challenged when it comes to reading comprehension it seems.
Oh yeah, with this many St. Louisans going I am sure car pooling or at least a carvan out there is possible.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#12]
How many of us live in st. Louis.  Could we have a show of hands?  I live in Ballwin.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
St. Charles close to 94 & 40
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How many of us live in st. Louis.  Could we have a show of hands?  I live in Ballwin.

I'm right on the edge of Ellisville and Wildwood - probably not too far from you.  (my zip is Ballwin)
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]
St. Charles, right at the Hwy 70 bridge, off of fairlane behind the carpet store.
Just a few hundred yards from Bass Pro.
Hey MoBob, I went to High school just down the road from you, the original Francis Who? (Howell)
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Overland
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm right on the edge of Ellisville and Wildwood - probably not too far from you.  (my zip is Ballwin)

I'm in Ballwin too. Sorry, but I have been out of the loop lately and missed the shoot. My wife has had a couple of surgeries, so things have been kinda busy around here. And I won't be able to make the next shoot either as I will be in Seatle as "Best Man" for my brother.
I also belong to Benchrest Rifle Club. Let me know when you guys are going.

Eric
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like some carpooling might be a possibility, since a bunch of us seem to bbe really close.

How long/far is the drive anyway?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:25:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sounds like some carpooling might be a possibility, since a bunch of us seem to be really close.

I think it was about 120 miles to Rocky Forks. I don't think I can help with the car pool idea though, I just have a little pickup and it barely has room enough for me and my stuff (since I usually bring along a virtual arsenal).
If someone does need a ride I will see if I can make the room though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like some carpooling might be a possibility, since a bunch of us seem to be really close.

I think it was about 120 miles to Rocky Forks. I don't think I can help with the car pool idea though, I just have a little pickup and it barely has room enough for me and my stuff (since I usually bring along a virtual arsenal).

I've got a station wagon, so anyone that doesn't feel like riding by themselves is welcome to join me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've got a station wagon, so anyone that doesn't feel like riding by themselves is welcome to join me.

I've gotta conversion van. So, if I can ever
make it to another shoot, I can take some
people too.
As I remember GaryM has a huge arsenal and
brought a large part of it to one get together
we had a while back. I don't think there was
room in his truck for much more than him when
he showed up. He is the kind of collector that
I want to be when I grow up. It was
awesome!

Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top