Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 5:12:05 PM EDT
Hey guys, earlier some people had floated the idea of me giving some instruction on room clearing. I'm organizing my thoughts right now and putting everything down on paper so it will be somewhat organized. Are there any issues that someone wants specifically addressed? I'm going to go with the 101st Airborne's MOUT drill for movement, which is based on 4 person teams, and emphasize proper firearm handling quite a bit. I'll also do some basic home defense/ one man vs. the world scenario. Anything else you guys can think of?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:36:06 PM EDT
sounds cool, also sounds way over my head, cant wait to see you guys go over stuff like that. i am lucky to hit the target. im a collector not a very good shooter. Ronald
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:16:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rmdye:
sounds cool, also sounds way over my head, cant wait to see you guys go over stuff like that. i am lucky to hit the target. im a collector not a very good shooter. Ronald

Ronald,
You'll be in for a treat shootin' with Duke. He's, well, how shall we say, REALLY FREAKIN GOOD!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:15:11 AM EDT
DAMMIT! I need a working upper for my AR!!! I'll bring a couple of SA battlepacks if I can borrow an upper... This sounds like Fun! [insert Evil Laugh Here]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:33:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kpel308:
DAMMIT! I need a working upper for my AR!!! I'll bring a couple of SA battlepacks if I can borrow an upper... This sounds like Fun! [insert Evil Laugh Here]

I can bring along an extra upper for you to use.

Mythe
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:37:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ShakyJake:

Originally Posted By rmdye:

Ronald,
You'll be in for a treat shootin' with Duke. He's, well, how shall we say, REALLY FREAKIN GOOD!!

We'll all be in for a treat...

rmdye
All you need is practice, and that's one of the reason to have organized shoots...
give everybody additional practice, but with the added benefit of learning from others and their experiences...

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:49:04 AM EDT

Sweet. Sounds fun. I'll bring the M9 and AR-15.

I've done a considerable amount of MOUT stuff being an MP, even as a weekend warrior. Fort Leonard Wood had a great MOUT "City".

As of MAy 10, I am a 2LT, so I get paid more for drills! This is a good thing b/c I have a deal w/ my girlfriend that Guard money = gun money .

See ya there, what time?

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:17:18 PM EDT
MP906, like I said most of the stuff I'll be doing will be taken right from the Airborne's McKenna MOUT playbook, so it SHOULD sound REAL familiar to you. I'd sure appreciate your help in correcting me if I say/do anything incorrect!

Festivities begin at 9am and go until it gets dark, we get bored, we get hungry, or we run out of ammmo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:33:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
MP906, like I said most of the stuff I'll be doing will be taken right from the Airborne's McKenna MOUT playbook, so it SHOULD sound REAL familiar to you. I'd sure appreciate your help in correcting me if I say/do anything incorrect!

Festivities begin at 9am and go until it gets dark, we get bored, we get hungry, or we run out of ammmo.

Looks like darkness will be our only enemy then, 'cause I ain't gettin bored, looks like there'll be plenty of food, and who here on this board would even admit to possibly running out of ammo?

41 hours and counting........
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:40:36 PM EDT

Duke,

I might be more of a help on the one/two man "police" type room clearing than the kick-in the door, throw in frag style. Although, I've done training on both.

I won't be there until 11 a.m. at the earliest. Gotta get in my arm workout.

Duke, email me if you want to coordinate. I teach tactics all the time in my unit.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:24:10 AM EDT
Duke,

our old Buddy Chris is in town this weekend. As you know, he was with the 101st for a few years and have done a few MOUT exercises. May want to give him a ring to see if he wants to go out to Finger Lakes. Give me a call for his number.

OZ
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:04:57 PM EDT
The demo was very informative. Thanks for putting it on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:10:18 PM EDT
Read my sig-line. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:34:23 AM EDT

Using the "crawl, walk, run" principle of training is the best way to do this type of stuff.

You nailed the "crawl" phase Duke!

I can't wait to start walking and running through this stuff. (i.e. Mid-MO Defensive Carbine Club)

-Ken
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:52:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 8:53:06 AM EDT by Cutter75]
Ditto...

I went home and tried to "practice", or replay in my mind some of the techniques you menttioned...

First thing I noticed -
Got to get me a CQB carbine...

Yeeeeessss!!!

Thanks Duke for the instruction...

Hey, post your notes so we can print them for review...

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:34:22 AM EDT
Thanks for the support guys, I had alot of fun with it and I really liked how people jumped in with stories or information and stuff. That was really cool. I said that I had some diagrams that were helpful, I'll just post the links here:

www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/drkcr.html

155.217.58.58/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-06.11/ch3.htm
Top Top