Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Closing next week in Trussville. I will start my new job later in October, so I'll have a couple of weekends to move. Staying at the old job as long as I can for pay / benefits / 401K / etc., but I'm giving my notice on Monday.

Although a good friend gave me some info (good), school me on Trussville, Alabama Hometown.

BTW, other house in Shelby County that fell through has dropped its price and is still for sale. Karma.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!  I drive through Trussville every morning and traffic there sucks ass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked working in their school system. Softball will win state, but the other sports not so much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey neighbor!  Moody resident here. It’s a great area.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
OP here - Closed on the house today, due to an unforeseen repair that was needed and postponed the original closing.

Buying a house - what a paperwork nightmare, overall, but it's finally done

Took a few things in the car to put in the house after the closing. I start my new job on Monday, October 24th, so we'll be moving a couple of beds and pieces of furniture, as well as clothes, etc. this weekend. It will be a few more weekends before we're mostly moved in.

BTW, earlier house in Shelby County has dropped its price again. Karma still.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, we've been in Trussville about 6 weeks now. Still moving things on the weekends, weather permitting. Thankfully I'm only about 10 miles from work, so work commute isn't bad.

A few things I've noticed in comparison to the Montgomery area:
- This area has a lot more tailgaters in traffic, both on main roads and residential streets. Neither one of us putt around, but we're not racers either.
- So far, in public, people here have seemed nicer / more polite.
- Gasoline is cheaper, but overall cost of living is a little higher.

Re-familiarizing myself with all the gun shops in the area. Some are gone, some are new, some have been re-named.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the shop still there on Hwy 11... Birmingham Pistol Wholesale (I think)?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top