BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ve got an SBR’d suppressed Scorpion that should be in K form by the 15th. And if Popsmrf gets some zeniths in I wouldn’t mind going home with one.
View Quote
That would be stellar as I almost bought a standard Scorpion model from HTF a few months back after my first experience shooting one, but have been holding off this whole time waiting for them to release the K version.   The scorpion was one of the most fun guns I've shot my steel with at 100yds.

Are you guys ok feeding your 9mm sub guns the Rem UMC mil spec 115gr. FMJ ammo from Academy....it's about .18cents a rd.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/remington-umc-mil-spec-9mm-115-grain-fmj-ammunition
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have run everything from Blazer Brass and WWB to Tula Steel and CCI aluminum.

I haven't had a problem yet except a batch of low pressure stuff I got from Mustang Munitions long ago. The MP5 didn't like it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal, and I'll make sure I buy quality, freshly made ammo to feed your awesomeness.

This is truly a treat for myself, as I haven't shot much NFA stuff.   They cancelled the event tomorrow at TMP due to weather...is it too late to change my vote to tomorrow, I can't wait a whole week
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Notso, are you the guy that used to do machinegun Monday’s at HTF?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good deal, and I'll make sure I buy quality, freshly made ammo to feed your awesomeness.

This is truly a treat for myself, as I haven't shot much NFA stuff.   They cancelled the event tomorrow at TMP due to weather...is it too late to change my vote to tomorrow, I can't wait a whole week
View Quote
My scorpion eats pretty much anything. For backyard shooting I’ve been buying zero brand 147gr from marks. Not the best stuff in the world but it’s fun and quiet. For a range where you have to wear ear pro anyway anything will do. Subs won’t matter.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Notso, are you the guy that used to do machinegun Monday’s at HTF?
View Quote
Machinegun Monday is a event that Hoover does with the guns they have on their range all the time.

I do "Machinegun Madness" once a month with our guns.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I.  It's pretty much just out of the gunsmith's hands.  I haven't had any time to zero it.  If one of you guys could help me do that, I'd be -greatly- appreciative - your lunch is on me and you'll have my never-ending gratitude.

If HTF has good mags for sale, I'm going to pick up a few for my new AR.  I bought a really nice soft-sided case for it at Marks Outdoors the other day.
View Quote
I need to zero a new optic and rifle as well.

Is there still space for someone else to join? Have a good bit of 9mm and 5.56/.223 ammo I can bring. I was going to go shooting this weekend, but I've been really sick so I put it off.

I always forget to check hometown. Don't know how I missed this!

Let me know if there is still space for someone else. I could bring a couple of ARs, my PPQ 5" and my P30sk. Also have a wheelgun I inherited from my grandfather that I've yet to shoot, and have been wanting to try it out for awhile.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is there still space for someone else to join? Have a good bit of 9mm and 5.56/.223 ammo I can bring. I was going to go shooting this weekend, but I've been really sick so I put it off.

Let me know if there is still space for someone else. I could bring a couple of ARs, my PPQ 5" and my P30sk. Also have a wheelgun I inherited from my grandfather that I've yet to shoot, and have been wanting to try it out for awhile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I.  It's pretty much just out of the gunsmith's hands.  I haven't had any time to zero it.  If one of you guys could help me do that, I'd be -greatly- appreciative - your lunch is on me and you'll have my never-ending gratitude.

If HTF has good mags for sale, I'm going to pick up a few for my new AR.  I bought a really nice soft-sided case for it at Marks Outdoors the other day.

Of course! you're more than welcome.  It would be good to meet you.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Of course! you're more than welcome.  It would be good to meet you.
View Quote
Great. I'll make sure I can pull it off with the wife and should know for sure shortly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My scorpion eats pretty much anything. For backyard shooting I’ve been buying zero brand 147gr from marks. Not the best stuff in the world but it’s fun and quiet. For a range where you have to wear ear pro anyway anything will do. Subs won’t matter.
View Quote
Sweet!  I've yet to read a report about an unreliable scorpion.   I can't wait to check yours out

Great to hear your joining us RainierV….the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.  At first I was worried we wouldn't have enough folks to make an event, so it's great hearing additional folks are coming.

eta:  I'd really enjoy trying out your P30SK, as I haven't shot one ever.  I'll bring my P2000SK in .357sig if you, or others want to try it out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Just seeing this!

I’ll be using all my superpowers to attempt to make this.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sweet!  I've yet to read a report about an unreliable scorpion.   I can't wait to check yours out

Great to hear your joining us RainierV….the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.  At first I was worried we wouldn't have enough folks to make an event, so it's great hearing additional folks are coming.

eta:  I'd really enjoy trying out your P30SK, as I haven't shot one ever.  I'll bring my P2000SK in .357sig if you, or others want to try it out.
View Quote
Sounds great! All seems clear with the wifey, so I'm looking forward to it. Definitely want to get people to try it out. Such a sweet shooting gun. The Walther is also a lot of fun. Insanely accurate.

I think the P2000SK might be able to share mags with the P30SK. Have to see.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Machinegun Monday is a event that Hoover does with the guns they have on their range all the time.

I do "Machinegun Madness" once a month with our guns.
View Quote
That’s right!  Got ya. You’re the guy I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#14]
@The_Beer_Slayer what are you up to on the 15th? We haven’t been shooting together since the make your own body armor thread.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I just talked with Davenports.  They don’t have holiday reservations but we should be able to be seated when we show.  Davenports is usually jammed for dinner, not lunch, so keep your fingers crossed for a quick seating.

See you guys soon!
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Hopefully work schedule will allow.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Just found out my kid has a game at noon this Saturday. So unfortunately I won't be able to join ya'll at Davenports.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Update: Can’t make it.  . Have to be in Memphis overnight Friday for business, never make it in time.  Next go ‘round, gents!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Just letting ya'll know.  Everything is set up. Ya'll can show up at 8:30 and stay as long as you would like. We are gonna do our happy hour range fees for you.  $12.95 per person.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just letting ya'll know.  Everything is set up. Ya'll can show up at 8:30 and stay as long as you would like. We are gonna do our happy hour range fees for you.  $12.95 per person.
View Quote
Thanks a bunch brother for the opportunity, and facility.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whoop whoop.. Its a party!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whoop whoop.. Its a party!
View Quote
It will be when you show up....
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you VERY much!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's great, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I just realized that I don't have a battery for my new optic.  Super derp.

I hope Hoover Tac has them for sale!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be bringing a case of .223 btw, and also a few handguns.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm trying to decide how much .380 and .45 to buy...I know I want to buy about 250-300rds of 9mm, but not sure on the others.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Ive only got the one gun in .380.

But I do have drums for the Thompson.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol...drums & belts I imagine change the game...that comment just added another box or two of .45 to the list

What an awesome opportunity!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
What sized battery?  What kind of optic?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aimpoint Patrol Optic

Duracell DL1/3N 3V battery.

I may be able to pick it up at the drug store, will have to see.  I goofed - I didn't even think about it until it was too late.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Aimpoint Patrol Optic

I may be able to pick it up at the drug store, will have to see.  I goofed - I didn't even think about it until it was too late.
View Quote
I'm on the way out the door headed to Academy...I'll snag you one if they got it at there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm on the way out the door headed to Academy...I'll snag you one if they got it at there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aimpoint Patrol Optic

Thank you, sir!  I'll settle up with you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dang, that has to be one of the hardest to find batteries around here.  I first looked at Academy, then drove across to Walmart, then hit the CVS on 31, and lastly tried Lowes on Valleydale...nobody had one

I never heard of that battery before, where do you normally get them?   Thankfully the internet exists for oddball stuff like this.

I'm sorry I couldn't find it for you brother.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ive only got the one gun in .380.

But I do have drums for the Thompson.
View Quote
Hey brother, this is what I got to feed your awesomeness.....please let me know if your not comfortable shooting any of these in your guns. No worries at all if you'd rather not feed your guns some of this stuff.

I'm giddy like a kitty
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I’ll have my P07 and my Lightweight Commander. Not sure about a rifle yet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hey brother, this is what I got to feed your awesomeness.....please let me know if your not comfortable shooting any of these in your guns. No worries at all if you'd rather not feed your guns some of this stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/MPdnuyG.jpg

I'm giddy like a kitty
View Quote
Looks good. I dont know how the MP5 will do with that steel case 9mm, but i have shot steel in it before with no problems.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks good. I dont know how the MP5 will do with that steel case 9mm, but i have shot steel in it before with no problems.
View Quote
My dumbass didn't even see it was steel til I got home, and the Remington mil spec stuff was sold out.  I didn't know if HTF sell a bunch of ammo, but will bring money to buy some from them should that 9mm not work, or I need to buy some more of the other calibers.

I can also always grab some real quick from wally world if I have too as well....an MP5 is worth what ever I gotta do
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’ll have my P07 and my Lightweight Commander. Not sure about a rifle yet.
View Quote
Yeah I'm kind of struggling to decide what might interest others that I have at an indoor facility.   I've got a Recce and SPR, and LMT MWS that seem like overkill, and we all have plenty of 14.5"/16" GP ARs.

I'm gonna bring a USGI M1 carbine that I hope to have running right.  Recently got 56s-1, but everyone has an AK.

Once I heard about Notso, and Girthrockwel's suppressed SBR'd scorpion....I knew my toys wouldn't be very interesting
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Dang, that has to be one of the hardest to find batteries around here.  I first looked at Academy, then drove across to Walmart, then hit the CVS on 31, and lastly tried Lowes on Valleydale...nobody had one

I never heard of that battery before, where do you normally get them?   Thankfully the internet exists for oddball stuff like this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey bud, no worries. Thank you so much for the effort. Way above and beyond. I hit up CVS and Wally World tonight as well.

I wish that it had a AAA

I ordered a 3 pack off of Amazon tonight. It won’t be in before tomorrow but at least I’ll have some
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:32:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hey bud, no worries. Thank you so much for the effort. Way above and beyond. I hit up CVS and Wally World tonight as well.

I wish that it had a AAA

I ordered a 3 pack off of Amazon tonight. It won’t be in before tomorrow but at least I’ll have some
View Quote
They’re impossible to find around town in my experience. That’s what my M2 takes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Ace Hardware has them in store at a couple of locations, but Talladega is the closest.  Cabelas in HSV shows them in stock in store as well fwiw.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:38:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ace Hardware has them in store at a couple of locations, but Talladega is the closest.  Cabelas in HSV shows them in stock in store as well fwiw.
View Quote
Good to know!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:40:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Did y’all think about going to Batteries Plus for that?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:35:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL...why would that store have what we're looking for

Great job HeyCoach.

They open at 8am and have it in stock at the Homewood location which should be the best for RedDane.   If he isn't able to scoop it up, the Pelham has it, and I bet the Hoover one does too...and I'll grab it on the way.

https://www.batteriesplus.com/search?q=1%2F3N
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Aimpoint Patrol Optic

View Quote
I think I have some. They're for a dog fence and not lithium, but they should work. Only issue is there's a possibility I won't make it. As I mentioned earlier I've been sick - - I started a new antibiotic this past week. All was fine until I had a weird reaction to it last night. I'll spare the details, but it involved Dollar General and some bushes, and a whole lot of cussing.

Anyway, I'm fine this AM, but going to see how things go in the next hour or so.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol. Whoops.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think I have some. They're for a dog fence and not lithium, but they should work. Only issue is there's a possibility I won't make it. As I mentioned earlier I've been sick - - I started a new antibiotic this past week. All was fine until I had a weird reaction to it last night. I'll spare the details, but it involved Dollar General and some bushes, and a whole lot of cussing.

Anyway, I'm fine this AM, but going to see how things go in the next hour or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aimpoint Patrol Optic

Feel better soon! Hope to see you but if not completely understand. Take it easy
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Great job HeyCoach.

They open at 8am and have it in stock at the Homewood location which should be the best for RedDane.   If he isn't able to scoop it up, the Pelham has it, and I bet the Hoover one does too...and I'll grab it on the way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great job HeyCoach.

Thank you!!!!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top