Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2017 12:32:26 PM EDT
Wife and are moving to the Gulf Shores area like Foley, Robertsdale, summerdale and fairhope area. Anyone know of any good FFL's, and also does anyone know where to find the laws about shooting on your land?
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Kenny's Gun Room is one of the best FFL's around.  He's in Elsanor/Robertsdale, a little south of Exit 53 on I-10.  He's got a small shop, but he's a great guy and will bend over backwards to help you.

Also, check out Gulf Coast Gun Forum for good local firearms conversations and classifieds.

If you're interested in shooting handguns competitively, let me know and I'll help you out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's official about a month until we move to the Foley area. Now I need to make friends.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Be careful of Flood Plains.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Isn't everything below I-10 in a flood plain?
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Lived in Loxley, AL for a time.

If you reload check out Gold Mine Pawn Shop. They had primers when nearly everyone else was sold out. Prices were reasonable as well.

There's a pay shooting range next to the interstate if you head towards Pensacola. It's near the state line.

You'll need hurricane insurance added to your home insurance. However, my home insurance in North AL is just as much as it was when I lived in Loxley. I'm now in a tornado area.

My house in Loxley was not in a flood zone.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
We are looking at houses in Daphne for now One our house sells in IL we will buy again, I guess we can't have 2 VA loans.  Who knew.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't use the VA loan a 2nd time, (once original home is paid in full) fee's go up, VA guarantee is meant for first time home buyer.  Take cash you may have and go conventional 20% down,  I used the National Bank of Kansas, Best rates and EZ for Vets, give them a call.

Daphne is nice but west Mobile is affordable.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't use the VA loan a 2nd time, (once original home is paid in full) fee's go up, VA guarantee is meant for first time home buyer.  Take cash you may have and go conventional 20% down,  I used the National Bank of Kansas, Best rates and EZ for Vets, give them a call.

Daphne is nice but west Mobile is affordable.
View Quote
The funding fee can be waived.  Disability is one of the mor prevalent ways.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, we are getting screwed by the real estate agent here in IL so we will need a 0 down VA loan for the 2nd house we had over 20k saved up but he said to sell the house we would have to spend 10k which turned into 14. so now we are scrambling to get that back for the new home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top