Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 9:15:04 AM EDT
We are taking a family vacation in a couple of weeks to Orange Beach. All the women want to hang out on the beach, the guys could care less about the beach. I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions about activities, restaurants, etc for the guys to do while the women enjoy doing nothing on the beach. All the men enjoy guns, outdoor activities, and a couple are history buffs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Open your negotiations with a trip to the Flora-Bama.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Doc's seafood on the back side of OB.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the ideas! My last couple of vacations have been pretty awesome thanks to suggestions from local ARF guys. I always try to avoid chains and dine at local eateries when I travel, and both those suggestions look good. I'll be hitting the USS Alabama also, recently  toured LS 325 the last operational LS tank of WWII and really enjoyed it. It made 33 landings at Sicily and 44 at Normandy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Inshore charter fishing trip

surf fishing

hike Bon Secour refuge on hwy  toward Ft Morgan

Cafe Beignet for coffee, breakfast and diabeetus. 
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Nelson's Inshore Charter. Nothing fancy, just guys who know how to inshore fish. Should be getting close to Bull Reds running.

Pensacola Naval Museum is A MUST!

Take the ferry to Dauphin Island and explore Ft. Gaines. Fort Morgan is on the way before getting on the ferry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Brushy Creek Sporting Clays and Styx River trap/skeet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 1:50:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I wanted to thank everyone for the information. We were only there a few days, but were able to take in quite a bit. The Alabama was my favorite, but the Bon Secour hike was good as well. We saw quite a few snakes so I got to watch my cousin act like a fool trying to get away from them. I was disappointed we didn't have time to visit the Naval Air Museum and will make it a point to hit it first next time we're in the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top