Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2017 12:53:53 AM EDT
OK,  can you keep one of these loaded in your vehicle.  It is not a shotgun according to the ATF it is a firearm.  It's not a pistol.  I am looking over Alabama's weapons law and I didn't see anything that would say I couldn't keep one of these loaded in my vehicle.  Anybody see something contrary to this?

I know I don't need to keep it loaded on wildlife refuge areas.

http://www.ago.state.al.us/File-Alabama-Weapon-Laws
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You might want to look over the hunting laws.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 2:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the police officer that pulls you over and how they define "about his person", you "could" be charged with a concealed firearm in your vehicle (Section 13A-11-50). The letter of the law does not cover the shockwave or Remington under the current Alabama Pistol permit since their barrel length is over 12". The state of alabama defines a pistol as "any firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches"  (Section 13A-11-70).  I honestly would not do it because of Section 13A-11-50. I know most cops would not care as long as you have a pistol permit but you could have that one that will make you night a living hell. You could carry an SBS with a pistol permit as long as the barrel is less than 12"
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on the police officer that pulls you over and how they define "about his person", you "could" be charged with a concealed firearm in your vehicle (Section 13A-11-50). The letter of the law does not cover the shockwave or Remington under the current Alabama Pistol permit since their barrel length is over 12". The state of alabama defines a pistol as "any firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches"  (Section 13A-11-70).  I honestly would not do it because of Section 13A-11-50. I know most cops would not care as long as you have a pistol permit but you could have that one that will make you night a living hell. You could carry an SBS with a pistol permit as long as the barrel is less than 12"
View Quote
Would this apply to SBRs as well?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good to go.
View Quote
Good to go, No permit required.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Would this apply to SBRs as well?
View Quote
it's the letter of the law. "Any firearm with a barrel less than 12" so I would say yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top